Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiling MAME4ALL for Dreamcast with DCDev R2 ISO

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by marton
    Thanks for the tip Ron!!!! I was missing that part!! The SDL lib from chui!!
    Where do I need to modify that about SDL.h? because in the makefile one of the MORE_CFLAGS options shows -I$(KOS_BASE)/addons/include/SDL and that's where SDL.h is. Do I need to change it anyway?
    The thing is... without modifying anything, I got it compiling and got the 3.7mb .bin file. Tried burning it, and the DC shows the sega selfboot logo but it resets after a while. If I burn the .bin downloadable from chui's site, the menu shows up well. I don't know what could be wrong at this point...
    The .bin must be unscrambled to work in DC ... Have you unscrambled it ?

FYI, for selfbooting, it must be scrambled.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by fackue
    FYI, for selfbooting, it must be scrambled.
    How ... Sorry ... I test everything with DemoMenu, ...
    Sorry for the mistake.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey hey hey... what's that about Scrambling/Unscrambling? I burned it and I confirmed it doesn't work. I see the sega logo (with the selfboot baddy thing) and after a while, the DC resets. If I burn any of the .bins at chui's site, it boots and I see the menu, but if I enter to a game, the controls don't do anything (maybe that's because it is alpha?). Chui's .bin is 3715260 bytes while the one I get when compiling is 3708624 bytes. Maybe the difference is because of the scrambling? Also when compiling I get plenty of "warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions" and "warning: unused variable xxxxx" (I know this last one is not a problem but I wonder if that about comparing different kind of variables is a problem or not)
    To avoid having to burn and burn CDs (I can not use CDRWs because my DC doesn't want to read them), I tried running it on Chankast. I installed Daemon Tools 3.29 which is the only version that supports the CDIs generated with bin2boot. I can only boot and see MAME4ALL's menu if the "capcom hack" option is enabled, but I can't get into any game because it stops while loading the ROMs. Sometimes it hangs, sometimes it says error loading ROMs, press A button to get back to the menu (or something like that). I don't know why. Anyway this is just a comment but it would be nice to have it running on Chankast. That way testing is really easy and quick.
    Now what do I need to do to scramble/unscramble the .bins?

Thanks!!

Marton

DCEmu Newbie

Oh well... that was it. I found a checker tool that could scramble/unscramble .bins... After scrambling IT WORKED MY FRIENDS!!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!
    Now I need to confirm: The controls are not functioning inside the games because MAME4ALL is alpha? Or I should check something else? I can move in the menu, and get into the games with no problems, but I can't start or add coins to play... I can't even get back to the menu so I have to restart each time.

Thanks again!!

Marton

DCEmu Newbie

Found it out... the coins are added with the analog joystick, and I'm using a digital one... I guess I will have to modify the sources a bit to get it to suit my needs, and I think I'll have a hard time because the inputs are named as for the GP2X, so I will have to find which button does what by trial and error (I mean burning and error )

Cheers,
    Marton

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by marton
    Found it out... the coins are added with the analog joystick, and I'm using a digital one... I guess I will have to modify the sources a bit to get it to suit my needs, and I think I'll have a hard time because the inputs are named as for the GP2X, so I will have to find which button does what by trial and error (I mean burning and error )

Cheers,
    Marton
    So i wasn't wrong, it was a (un)scramble problem !

I've look at the control too, and i must admit, i don't understand at all !!! If you find something, i'm interested !

DCEmu Newbie

I'll try...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information