Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An N-gage emulator?

DCEmu Newbie

Default An N-gage emulator?

The N-gage is a severely under appreciated games machine and it had quite a lot of excellent games and considering the games are made for a portable platform they would fit the PSP like a glove. The only possible problem with it would be the lack of even a PC emulator for people to port, although I had heard of one existing, but being cleaned up for release. I'm just trying to find out if it's possible and what people think of the idea, so opinions are welcome.

Were there many innovative titles for the N-gage all i seem to remember was TOny Hawk and Sonic ports , although i never did have an NGAGE

That would be nice.

An N-Gage enulator would be fantastic... I had an ole 'Gage for a while and the games where actually pretty cool, Sonic especially. But the only problem is that the games are still being released....[checks www.n-gage.com]... OK, were being released untill very recently... Hey, wait look they're STILL making games for the thing... WOW. Anyway, Nokia's not gonna be happy with an emu. They closed down hundreds of sites that were hosting cracks and as far as I remember I think they even sued a few people.
    But if it can be done, that'll be pretty cool.

DCEmu Regular

I used to own and N-Gage (The original Taco one) and i must say, for $79 it blew the GBA away! It had great games, and some cool emulators. I used it to play SNES, NES, and GBC. Even videos and MP3's. Web Browsing was nice too I'm thinking of buying a QD just for hombrew and cracks/hacks. I sold my old one when i got my PSP. QD's are only like $100, right?

Are you all serious or is this some sick joke n-gage isnt cool

DCEmu Newbie

jrsmaster stop being idiotic, the only flaw the N-gage had as a games machine was being compared to a console all the time, when it was actually more of a phone than anything else. It looks kind of stupid and sidetalking is downright hilarious but as an all-in-one device there wasn't anything that could match it until the PSP came out and the PSP isn't a phone (yet) , plus it had amazing games that were only let down by the limitations of the device. I still use mine as a phone/mp3 player, and I would love to see those excellent games brought back to life on the PSP.

L.E. A couple of minutes of searching revealed that I was taking a rather simplistic approach to imagining the N-gage emulator. Apparently this kind of program should emulate the series 60 symbian OS, which is by no means a bad thing, as there are loads more great symbian games that the PSP would benefit from, but it doesn't sound very doable.

DCEmu Regular

Also, if we can acomplish S60 emulation, then we can also use that emulator that will emulate the N-Gage roms. Basicly like this

PSP Emulates S60
    S60 Emulates N-Gage Games (Just the games)

But i dont think N-Gage emulation will ever happen due to the fact it is more powerfull than the GBA, one might even compare it to a DS....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Harshboy
    Also, if we can acomplish S60 emulation, then we can also use that emulator that will emulate the N-Gage roms. Basicly like this

PSP Emulates S60
    S60 Emulates N-Gage Games (Just the games)

But i dont think N-Gage emulation will ever happen due to the fact it is more powerfull than the GBA, one might even compare it to a DS....sigh....
    You CAN'T compare the N-Gage to the DS you just can't.

a Sybian OS emulator would be sick -- as it looks the PSP can play any game from almost any system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information