Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend N64 games to try with new psp emu's...

Default Recommend N64 games to try with new psp emu's...

Hello, i thought since everyone is hyped up about N64 emu's coming to the psp. People can start recommending games to try with the new emulaters coming to the PSP. (Of course it must be a game that you own.) Give your your feed back here on this thread.

Here is a little history of the N64...

I'm not at will to say where i got the info from. This is not my own review on the history of N64... got some stupid comments when people should be on topic rather than complaining about where i got my info from. Hopefully this should shut them up lol ....

The N64 is one of the most controversial consoles ever made. Ok so it’s not as controversial as the Virtual Boy, but there was one simple thing that set it apart: cartridges. “Carts” have many disadvantages. Firstly, they are very expensive to produce (some say almost 25 dollars!) compared to the discs used in the PSX and the ill fated Saturn, which drove away many 3rd party developárs. Secondly, they are much smaller than discs, and games cannot span multiple carts which was severely limiting, particularly to RPG makers (though some great RPGs such as Paper Mario were made for it and resident evil 2 was successfully ported over on one of the later more advanced carts). Finally, Audio was tricky to do well (though it was possible to do fantastic audio (i.e. Perfect Dark) and video quality couldn’t compare to the PSX. So why did they use carts? Well, the most obvious advantage is the lack of loading times. This is excellent from an artistic standpoint, particularly for large sprawling games like Legend of Zelda or Super Mario 64 which would be infernally dull if a new loading time was introduced every 5 seconds. Also, extra RAM could be stored in cartridges allowing for more complex games (though the amount of RAM was obviously limited by cost). Lastly, while CDs are very easily damaged and scratched, cartridges can last pretty much forever.

Despite these unbalanced facts, along with a terrible controller (though it was the first successful system to use an analog stick and rumble, which makes emulation unsuitable for many games unless a joystick or joypad is used) the N64 is considered by many to be the best Nintendo system ever made due to it’s massive catalogue of innovative and fun games (in fact it was recently voted the best system period on G4Techtv’s Filter).

Recommended picks: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64 and Rayman 2: the Great Escape

There are many games and people want reviews on whats good and whats not.

Also this is to talk about N64 recommendations and other stuff that is along the lines of N64 emulation on the psp. Hopefully this will let people to disscuss things on that topic without bothering psmonkey or Stremnenm-(or what ever his name is its hard to spell lol)

Castlevania 64 one of the best ever N64 games. In my opinion.

um... Smash Bros. thats a classic lol

Yeah and i always liked ISS '98. The amount of hours i wasted playing that game!

never heard of that game. What is it?

Soccer. If you like soccer, thats one of the best games for it. Even now i still play it!

I am a huge soccer fan i played it for 10 yrs in AYSO- not video games real soccer. But i never really liked playing it on a game. Maby i will try it someday.

I wonder if Inidana Jones will work on this. Il try it out. gimme 5 mins

Rampage was a good game but got a little repetive after playin it for a while.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information