Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII heads for PSP

Blog Entries

psp Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII heads for PSP

via CVG

Until this week, details about the forthcoming Final Fantasy VII prequel have been harder to come by than a moogle without its pompom. Square Enix threw anxious FFVII fans a bone at their E3 press conference when they screened a brief trailer of the game and also announced fresh plot details. Better get yourself a cup of tea, this might get a little complicated.

According to Square Enix, Crisis Core is a prequel to the original Final Fantasy VII, which was released way back in January 1997 on the PlayStation. It's actually the final installment in the four-part Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series, which also included the Advent Children DVD/UMD. The all-new Crisis Core storyline centres around a character called Zack who returned to the Lifestream some time before the events of FFVII, and promises to reveal more secrets about the behind-the-scenes skullduggery of Shinra.

That's about all we've got for now, more as and when Square Enix drip feeds it to us

I wonder if this game is action adventure (like zelda) or an rpg(turn taking).

i would really like to see another original final fantasy game coming out, but sony just carry on using same old poop, making something that was soo good into rubbish (an im a big final fantasy fan) and really letting us down
    (final fantasy X-2 ill say no more)

oh, but the latest version for the psp will be required though, like the 2.70 or the upcoming 3.0

FINAL FANTASY XIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    I wonder if this game is action adventure (like zelda) or an rpg(turn taking).
    I beleive that Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII will be an RPG, following the sucess of the original.

YAY!!! I love FFVII

DCEmu Newbie

cool.... thats all i kan say

DCEmu Regular

FF7: Crisis Core is listed as an "action RPG". At least it is on all Japanese websites. Not sure if they've addressed this in the US. Anyway, the main characters are Sephiroth, Zack, Cloud, and Aerith (already declared, they all have character art newly drawn for the game).

As for what an "action RPG" is, we'll have to wait and see. Parasite Eve 2 was billed as an "action RPG", and so is Kingdom Hearts.. both of their systems are dramatically different, though both are by Squaresoft.

Anyway, it should be interesting, regardless.

DCEmu Regular

aaaaagghh, this is the game that is gonna force me to buy a second psp...
    but i've held out for so long, hoping that 1.00 would one day be able to play newer umds, but there is no way i'm just not going to play this game!

FF7 has a great story line, and unlike most other people I'm actually pleased they expanded the story.

I've been reading the Before Crisis mobile phone game script...
    That has made the whole thing about Avalanche, Shinra and the Turks soooo much more interesting now. Elfe (Leader of Avalanche in BC) is cool and she actually fight's sephiroph and lived!

I've watched FF7 Last Order, the short anime about the battle at nibelheim reactor... Tifa, Zack & Cloud's battle vs Sephiroph was cool...
    I didn't like the way the battle ended tho, ff7(ps1) version made it look like Cloud completely overpowerd Sephiroph, but i guess it's more realistic... and if you think about it, cloud was telling the story, he never get's it totally right.

Advent Children sounds amazing... can't wait to find out what happened to the planet and midgar.
    Dirge of Cerberus is going to be really cool... now I know about most the rest of the story, what I've heard about Vincent makes him sound like one of the most interesting characters in FF7.

So I can't wait to find out what FF7:CC has to say about what happens between FF7:BC and FF7(ps1).. I'm sure its gonna rock though!

Cool This is a must have game

In fact this may be that must have title people have been screaming for since the psp's release, (in my case this is it )

It was announced almost a year ago,
    Then news on this game became hard to find.
    ITs hard to express the joy as a final fantasy fan that this game hasnt been cancled

I dont care if they release this game demanding an update to un exploitible firmware writen by alien ninja hookers from the future
    Mark my words I will have and play this game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information