Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

Theres a brasilian website that is trying to figure out how to save games and also to put a screenshot to the left where its empty on roms loaded on the SD, just like the built-in games.

DCEmu Newbie

can you please give a link to this side BLEEPBLOOP. i dont speak portuguese but it`s interesting to look at it. i also asked myself, that it should work to make a screenshot about any game on the card, like it is for the 20 built-in-games.
    in germany the gopher is sold now by "WWW.WELTBILD.de" and "WWW.KONSOLENKOST.DE". i asked both of them about save-states yesterday, but until now no answer. i hope they know it. i even mailed to SEGA-germany itself, because i thought, when its a licensed product they will know it, but they answered me, i must ask the producers, they dont know.
    BLEEPBLOOP what about your gopher? do you have it now or you still waiting for it? or the brazilian custom play with it now or maybe its in quarantine at the moment
    Last edited by AW72; December 31st, 2009 at 01:19.

DCEmu Newbie

I emailed atgames the maker of the gopher sd about saving games and i got a response from them

My questions

"Hi,
    i own a gopher portable video game player and was wondering is it possible to save on games i want to save highscores and my place on games when i get far.
    do i have to create a save game folder on the sd card ?

also will any sd game cards be coming out soon."

Response from atgames

Hi Matt:

Currently Gopher do not support the saving state function. We might implement this from next generation in one year.

We have launched new SD products in Germany and Brazil, not any other countries. This can only be planned territory by territory.

Best regards,

Gopher Service team

DCEmu Newbie

cool, i wonder that they response now.

aaah bad to hear that save-states dont work. cant understand why they forget this.

they said "launched new SD products in Germany and Brazil, not any other countries???" YEEAAHH, hahahaha

by the way, i have here something interesting, maybe they mean this, when they talk about releases here in germany:
    http://www.weltbild.de/3/15975575-1/...er-arcade.html
    this konsole is not interesting because of the sports-games which runs on it, because they dont seem to be very good in comparison to the WII, but its very interesting for emulating mega-drive-modules and the MOST interesting on it is THIS :thumbup:
    http://www.weltbild.de/3/16047660-1/...-passport.html
    because with this you can use SD-cards like on the gopher AND you have the possibility to connect real mega-drive-joysticks to this konsole. if this konsole can make save-states i also dont know, but i fear not.
    very very very cool would be, when the FIRECORE PASSPORT would also work on a real mega-drive. games over sd-card on the real thing. i dont think, that this would work but its worth a try.

maybe i buy one, i will see. when i do, i write the result here.

then i found the wireless-controllers which work with the newer gophers here: http://www.weltbild.de/3/16047663-1/...ontroller.html
    they dont look bad and also works with the arcade-konsole, i mentioned above (and also real megadrive sticks), but really cool would be a wireless-joystick. maybe this comes one day.
    Last edited by AW72; January 11th, 2010 at 00:52.

Hi,

I got my gopher handheld today from play-asia, but I'm having the following weird issue: In Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 I'm unable to do any special moves This isn't related to the controller, but it rather seems like an emulation issue. Could anyone please confirm my findings?

It's quite disappointing really.. and from what I've read other handhelds like the Dingoo and PSP require frameskip on many games, so maybe the Pandora is the only handheld without cartridges right now to emulate genesis properly with full speed?
    Last edited by Highleveldemon; February 9th, 2010 at 22:51.

DCEmu Newbie

yes, the pc-mega-drive-emulator (kega-fusion or gens-plus) are better than the ones available for handhelds until now.
    i haven`t tried "mortal kombat 3" until now on my gopher, but the most games i tried until now works perfect. i will have a look at mk3 in the next days.
    i have also a dingoo. the pico-drive version which is available until now, is not bad, but needs improvement. some games have fullspeed when dingoo is overclocked, others not.

DCEmu Newbie

I got one of these yesterday!

The first day it was very annoying with the buttons.
    But today I think I've got a better handle on it.
    Altered Beast is a bit tricky still thanks to the lay out.
    I think I'm stuck using my old Mega Drive Plug N Play for that game now.

Anyway, has been wonderful to play Puyo Puyo, Sonic, and Street Fighter II again!

Tonight I've been playing Bezerk v1.0, really good!

And I just found Battle City!

Are there other MUST HAVE homebrews/games?

DCEmu Newbie

OH! And one more thing.

I tried five or so different versions of the Ms PacMan bin.
    However each one had a bug that made the game unplayable.

Ms PacMan always wants to run to the right.

In some of the bins I was able to eventually wrestle her away from the right most corner. In other versions it was like she was stuck on the far right corner of the maze. Trapped.

I couldn't find a playable version of the rom on the gopher.

These roms work fine on Fusion.

DCEmu Newbie

Oh and one more question!
    Does anyone know if it's possible to take Sega Master System Roms and then bundle them into a Genesis Rom?

So essentially you'd have a Genesis rom with a bunch of Master System games within the ROM.

DCEmu Newbie

yes, "ms pacman" always steers to the right direction by itself. all rom-versions i tried do the same on the gopher. sadly it seems this rom is not compatible with this handheld.

and to make master-systems roms playable to mega-drive is not possible i think. i tried a tool, which should do this, but it dont worked. also not on KEGA FUSION.

but all in all, the compatibility of the gopher is very high. sadly ingame-save-states dont work.

but for this money, its a superb handheld.
    and the same factory also sell a console with sd-card-support and even the possibility to plug mega-drive-sticks to it. i mentioned this bevore here on this thread.

Thread Information