Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

Also, will it accept a 4gb SD card? its the only size i have lying aroung.

Good thing i found out about all of this, i was about to buy the older version, or the coleco sonic playapl.
    Last edited by Bleepbloop; November 5th, 2009 at 00:14.

DCEmu Newbie

i dont try 4GB cards, so i can not say.
    i have a gopher-modding in my mind, like some people did it with the c64dtv, that i can connect an extern joystick. i will ask some people who know about the dtv, if that could work. than i order one gopher more and use the normal as a handheld and the modded one as a station with extern joystick on my tv. that would be cool, if it works :rofl:
    bleepbloop, custom hold it so long in brasil? thats strange. it seems to be a licenced product, so where is the problem? in western-europe this works without a problem.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    i dont try 4GB cards, so i can not say.
    i have a gopher-modding in my mind, like some people did it with the c64dtv, that i can connect an extern joystick. i will ask some people who know about the dtv, if that could work. than i order one gopher more and use the normal as a handheld and the modded one as a station with extern joystick on my tv. that would be cool, if it works :rofl:
    bleepbloop, custom hold it so long in brasil? thats strange. it seems to be a licenced product, so where is the problem? in western-europe this works without a problem.
    It doesnt really matter if its licensed or not, they still hold on to it. Also, it would be cool if you could mod it into a genesis-thing console.

DCEmu Newbie

the more days i have this handhelds the more better it gets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the pictures says all :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	1578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	1579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	1581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	1582  

Last edited by AW72; September 9th, 2011 at 20:09.

DCEmu Newbie

Nooooo! i must have it right now!!!
    Thanks for the pics, i cant wait till mine comes,
    (shipping from hong kong to brasil takes 10~ hours, but customs holds onto it)

I hope its insured, else they take it, Last time, i bought a neo geo pocket color, and they stole it
    yay for gunstar heroes!

also, how does it look on a tv? any pixelation? colors weird?

Did yours come in a box or the plastic blister packaging?
    Last edited by Bleepbloop; November 7th, 2009 at 19:52.

DCEmu Newbie

the picture on the tv is good, its like, when you plug a real mega-drive with the antenna-cable to the tv. not completely as good as pluggin a mega-drive with the video-cable but not big difference. but of course, the mega-drive-games looks best with the GENS-PLUS or the KEGA-FUSION emulators using graphic-filters. but they still looks good enough with a gopher plugged to a tv. and german tv`s are pal, the gopher is ntsc, but my tv takes it without a problem. maybe older pal-tv`s dont work, but for newer its no problem. you in brasil have ntsc, or bleepbloop?
    and when i compare the screen from the two consoles, gopher and millennium, i must say that the gopher screen is not only bigger, its also much sharper. but this could not be seen on the pictures, because this is difficult to photograph with digital-kameras.
    i know exactly what you mean with lost packages, because my former wife came from the ukraine and sometimes she send packages to her parents and sometimes they send packages to us. you can not believe what was lost or stolen on the postal-way in the ukraine or maybe in some cases also from german post

DCEmu Newbie

Sounds very nice, i love how you can hook it up to a TV,
    Mine still has 14~ days shipping time, But it looks great, from the picturs youv got like 500+ games on the SD card
    Also, is there any noticeable slow-down in games? Virtua racing? Im gonna hook a TV up when it gets here to try i out. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

slowdown in games i could not find, but like i said, some games (about 10%) makes problems and sadly i must tell you that VIRTUA RACING dont work at all i thought all the time this was just a 32x- game and didnt know that there was also a normal mega-drive version. now i tried 3 different mega-drive-rom-versions from this game but it dont work on the gopher. also in the GENS PLUS emulator only the 32x-version work, only KEGA FUSION could run both versions.
    maybe someday firmware-updates of the gopher comes out and all games work

DCEmu Newbie

this is really good, but i'm thinking about "saves"... can you save the games?

Just for fun, here's a size comparative (in real sizes) with the nomad (caps from the Gopher/millenium, thanks to AW72):

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information