Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: EB stores refuse to stock PSPgo

Blog Entries

psp Report: EB stores refuse to stock PSPgo

EB Games could be the latest retail chain joining the ranks of those that have refused to stock Sony's upcoming PSPgo, if reports coming from Australia are correct.

According to Kotaku, numerous EB retail stores in Sydney have confirmed the console is not listed on their systems, despite its imminent release. The site also spoke to one rival retailer urging customers to preorder from its store because "EB aren't stocking it."

EB's head office refused to verify the rumours, saying it would not be commenting on the PSPgo.

Meanwhile, an SCE Australia spokesperson stated Sony has received solid support from retail ahead of the October 1 launch day of the PSPgo although refused to comment on another company's business.

"Retail support of the PSP platform includes both PSP 3000 and PSPgo," they added. "Many retailers will choose to range both PSP models side-by-side as we continue to offer expanded choice for the consumer for the handheld device platform. As with any new product, there will be continued discussions with retail partners to continue to expand reach over time in line with growth of the entire PSP platform."

Dutch retailer Nedgame and European chain Media Markt have already stated their decision not to stock the digital handheld - a stance ShopTo boss Igor Cipolletta said he sympathised with earlier this month.

"Sony has decided to cut publishers and retailers for the software of the PSPgo and deal direct with developers, giving them a 70 per cent margin for any items sold on Sony PSN. I believe if they had lowered that to 50 or 60 per cent, and given the opportunity to online retailers, it would have enjoyed greater success and retailers would attempt to promote the console to the market," he commented.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...to-stock-pspgo

I really don't blame them, this is the first full digital driven video game device and any sales the device makes over the psp 1000, 2000, 3000 will be a direct hit to sales of in store games.

Honestly I have to say that the PSP-Go Is the first step in the death of an era. Video games are going to go digital, and one day, not shure when, Gamestop, & EB will no longer exist.

And Just Because I've never ever said it ("FIRST POST ! ! ! - Lame...")
    chicago web design - Building the Internet of Today, and Tomorrow
    RuinedWedding.com - The Funniest Wedding Disaster Videos Ever Filmed

Another store joins the fight to keep the high street game retailer alive.. i know it's stretching the point but too much online retail is bad for local economys when we lose too many stores.

What if Retail stores have PSN digital kiosks where a user connects there GO to the kiosk and uses Debit/Credit or some sort of PSN card and then the retail stores could generate some profit from kiosk sales.

It also would play into the portability of the GO. I mean whats the point of doing it at home? Groups of teens could run through the malls showing off the GO to there friends and buy games on the GO.

Yeah but i made this point before that what's the point with putting a kiosk in a store when stores could just be replaced with a cash machine giving out psn, itunes, xbox live vouchers, there's probably more profit doing that than paying costs to keep store open and not have much else to sell except game collectibles and low profit consoles, also those machines could have high speed internet connections and download the games right onto the console or some official external drive.
    Last edited by symbal; September 23rd, 2009 at 18:35.

buch of crap! pspgo is cool in my opinon

because is there any mp3 player out there with bluetooth support

or any portable videogame that will be able to play games you buy of the internet that is worth taking on the go and it's not like sony is going to cut out the umd support so shut up and stuff it

give it aleast a chance!

i gave the dsi a chance and you don't here that oh we won't stock!

ps i am psfanboy "part of the anti-360 war"

Um yea sony is going to cut out umd support, they have stated this numerous times, its not going to be instant but it is coming quickly

Good on them, I guess. Just make sure anyone can get access to an EB shop to go in and buy as many UMD as you can to show them your support ahaha.

yeah because i love my psp umd's are great but so is downloadable content(and if you didn't realize psp dl you download the same game on unlimited number of memory cards but only up to 5 psp can play them!)

i'm mainly just pissed first ipod say ds and psp sucks
    xbox has the same chip as ps3(screw u ms)
    ms paying off companys like square enix for ff13
    pspgo has basicly been kill by people who think it's rip off

but i'm still going to get one anyway
    just leave sony alone and piss with microsoft

sorry for x2 post but why would sony do that when that would really screw them over cuss not every one has internet matter of fact i don't have internet but the good old neihbors around my house supply me. because they don't have it security locked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information