Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony outlines PSPgo's UMD ‘solution’

Blog Entries

psp Sony outlines PSPgo's UMD ‘solution’

Ahead of next week’s global PSPgo launch, Sony has revealed that all those who buy the machine will be entitled to three free full-game downloads from the PSP PlayStation Store.
    The plan is what Sony in June referred to as it’s ‘solution’ to those who wished to upgrade to the new machine but already owned a collection of games on UMD disc – none of which will be compatible with Sony’s new device.
    Dubbed PSPgo Rewards, the scheme will offer a total of 17 titles to choose from including the likes of Killzone: Liberation, Everybody’s Golf, LocoRoco, Patapon and Echochrome.
    Users will be required to log in to PSN via their existing machine and register for PSPgo Rewards. Registration will only be allowed if a UMD is inserted into the drive.
    Shortly afterwards they will receive an email with a promo code with which they can log into PSN with their new PSPgo and pick their games.
    The promotion kicks off on October 1st and will conclude on March 31st.

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/292...s-UMD-solution

Hmm better than nothing i guess.. they'd have to offer a lot more before i'd buy 1 of those things though, i'll still keep warning people not to buy 1.

Users will be required to log in to PSN via their existing machine and register for PSPgo Rewards. Registration will only be allowed if a UMD is inserted into the drive.

WTF ? I have to own 2 PSP's now ?

So i currently own 8 umd games, and they are being gracious enough to give me 3?

and! I have to hang on to my old model until I can do this, i cant use it to trade in and knock off the laughable price?

No dice sony, not like i was seriously looking into buying one of these things, but you keep telling me if i do everything i have bought before is worthless crap and i cant use it anymore

but its your own product! see if i ever buy another sony game console again

DCEmu Newbie

What an absolute sack of $#@! this is. I own 50+ games, so whats the point of having 3 of them "free" what do i do with the others? take them to my local gamestore who will give me 50p each for them?

I hope the GO! is the big flop it deserves to be. I love my PSP and i wouldnt swap it for a GO.

I wouldnt even have a GO if it was free, it has no use, no purpose.

I can go into a store and buy most games 2nd hand, find some bargains.

All GO games will be full price and cost way to much.

Its rubbish and i hope it bites sony in the ass, big time!!

Parents will be starting to buy this thing for christmas soon, so if anyone in a store seeing it happen join the cause and take a few minutes to explain why not to get it, i wouldn't wish anyone to waste their money on this without full knowledge.

Blog Entries

doesnt it anger you that if they want you to stick your UMD game in the drive to verify you own the game then surely you should be able to do it for all your UMD Games if they truly are serious about wanting us to upgrade to the PSPGO

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    doesnt it anger you that if they want you to stick your UMD game in the drive to verify you own the game then surely you should be able to do it for all your UMD Games if they truly are serious about wanting us to upgrade to the PSPGO
    Exactly

No point in only offering 3 vouchers when someone has a library of 50 games

They are effiectively saying you need to carry around both your PSP's to play the games you want

WASTE!!!!!

DCEmu Old Pro

All the "solutions" where doomed to failure, no matter what Sony did.

But of course Sony knows better than us mere mortals, i mean look at the last 3 years they almost never listen to us and all by themselves they managed to piss the Psp's potential away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information