Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About downgrading

the sony signature is what sony do to stop there code in updates and games from being tampered with.
    as far as i know it is a special encrytion that means if you alter any info withinthe eboot the file becomes invalid and wont work.
    using your method of firmware launcher you may be able to make a custom firmware that can play the latest games, but first the latest updates need to be decrypted... seriously though a downgrader is next to impossible. make sure you check the ps2dev forums for info

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    the sony signature is what sony do to stop there code in updates and games from being tampered with.
    as far as i know it is a special encrytion that means if you alter any info withinthe eboot the file becomes invalid and wont work.
    using your method of firmware launcher you may be able to make a custom firmware that can play the latest games, but first the latest updates need to be decrypted... seriously though a downgrader is next to impossible. make sure you check the ps2dev forums for info
    LOL Things are only impossible until proven otherwise just look at the history with Homebrew so far... Almost a year ago everyone said a N64 emu on the psp is impossible but in fact it is possible its being done now and with progress. Or running Homebrew on 1.5 and higher was originaly impossible but it isn't anymore people with 2.6 are running homebrew. But i do understand your point sony is really starting to cover their ass. lol But i do think that if a downgrader is not possible then Homebrew will someday become possible with higher than 2.6 FW. Now how long it will take i don't know but i feel confident to say homebrew will never be wiped out from the psp. - just be patient

i said "next to impossible" meaning not quite.
    from what i have read the updates upwards of 2.01 change the paths and names of the files it updates, and there is no way to downgrade as it overwrites everything with new information, if you rewrite with an old firmware the latest info will still be there and the thing will be ...confused
    i have probably just said something in a mangled way, if you want the real answer go to ps2dev(i seem to be advertising but it is just that the guys over there know what they're talking about... and i don't))

i dont want homebrew to be wiped out, but i think a downgrader is the wrong step, if we stick at 1.5 then the psp will be commercially wiped out. i was going to buy a new psp, but i need to save my money for november...(£410-£430 ahhhh)

Angry

well im going to leave the downgrading scene for now...

at SONY!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information