Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen protectors and RPGs?

DCEmu Rookie

Default Screen protectors and RPGs?

Which one is better? I heard that the ones that stick on the PSP screen isnt that good. So anyone can recommend me one? And does anyone have the crystal casing for the PSP? Mind telling me if its a good protectiong unit for it? My Aunt it going to Australia next week and i want her to get me one. Thankz in advance. Also what RPG would you guys recomend? I prefer RPGs over other genres.

for a rpg
    link to the past or final fantasy 6 via SNES emulator(aslong as your below 2.70) the commercial games are crap

as for the screen protector, best to find a thick hard plastic one, rather than a little piece of sticky back plastic, in the uk GAME sells them for £5 (unless you have friends...) the hard plastic is more expensive but much easier to apply, the soft ones only gaive you bubbles. best to search around, and make sure to get a good thick one, they are sticky but it can clean off easily.
    i would stay away from the crystal cases as they hamper the controls. the pouch that came with the psp is fine

DCEmu Rookie

I dont realy like homebrew or emulators so my PSP is on 2.70 Any RPGs to recomemnd? Commercials ones. I am thinking of getting tales of Eternia. Or whatever it ends.

You shouldn't have updated because playing Tales of Phantasia (if you can't read japanese just get the DEJAP version) for the SNES Emulator is better than any commercial game avaliable for the psp right now.

DCEmu Newbie

Um, playing ToP on a GBA is better than all the above suggestions, since they kept the SNES gameplay pretty much to a T, and added a giant new dungeon. It rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis
    Um, playing ToP on a GBA is better than all the above suggestions, since they kept the SNES gameplay pretty much to a T, and added a giant new dungeon. It rocks.
    Actually they changed it quite a bit (for the worse if you ask me). And they cut stuff out of the GBA version that was in the orignal SNES version (the drunken boat scene). I'm guessing you never extensivly played the SNES version.

DCEmu Newbie

Most of the commercial RPGs on the PSP are quite lacking. I only have one (PoPoLoCrois) and it isn't that great. I haven't heard too much about that Y's game, and about the tales of eternia game, you should probably check out reviews, screenshots and clips before you decide to buy it. I'd check it out on ign.com first.

erm

monster hunter freedom is pretty good
    no story though, you just fight amazing dragons and HUNT err MONSTERS
    i tried it on a friends psp and it looks incredible, and now i have found out socom works on 1.5 via devhook i might go and buy that aswell,
    now my exams are over im having a well deserved game binge
    woo

DCEmu Rookie

I got Tales of Eternia and its great. Got lotsa depth and story to it. And the voice acting is great too.

i personally would use the screen guard from pelican ($9 for 2 in US). u cant see any air pockets in the screen, and it also decreases the sun glare. as for rpgs, i would recommend super mario rpg and final fantasy 3 (us) via the snes emulator all the way!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information