Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: METAL BLOB SOLID PSP (Blob Wars::: Episode 1) version 1.04

DCEmu Newbie

I hope you don't mind - I put this on psp-homebrew.eu, Fanjita's new site

Quote Originally Posted by IMReader
    I hope you don't mind - I put this on psp-homebrew.eu, Fanjita's new site
    Of course not, thanks!
    Feel free to register my other stuff there..

So do you just look at the posts in the metal blob thread, and not answer anything for anyone? I find it quite odd, that you can reply to someone just stating that they put your game on the Noobz site, & yet you can't reply back to me, or anyone else that has said anything about the game. Good or bad. I mean how hard would it be? Obviously you were there.... 2 more seconds to answer some questions? They May be stupid ones but still are questions none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalError
    So do you just look at the posts in the metal blob thread, and not answer anything for anyone? I find it quite odd, that you can reply to someone just stating that they put your game on the Noobz site, & yet you can't reply back to me, or anyone else that has said anything about the game. Good or bad. I mean how hard would it be? Obviously you were there.... 2 more seconds to answer some questions? They May be stupid ones but still are questions none the less.
    I check the posts ocasionally.. I did not realize I had more than one new reply.
    So I clicked on the last page in the thread - the comment that I replied to was the first one on that page... So, again, please don't take it personally... ;-)

I'll PM you instructions on how to get to cheats menu -don't want to spoil it for other people...

As to locations of jetpack and stuff - I think you get in on one of the boss levels... The original author mentions it on his site.. I did not get that far in the game still....

Quote Originally Posted by StealthCP
    If anyone gets any error messages, about missing files, or a "PSP has just crashed" blue screen, did you have your PSP on standby/sleep mode at all? This is the sole cause of errors in this game and it should not be used. I learnt the hard way, spending an hour on one of the later levels and having to restart the whold thing again.

Evcellent port deniska, there are some areas of the game (namely the flooded tunnels) where performance just isn't top notch. Can this ever be resolved? It is still fast enough but the action is slightly slower than that of the PC. At times it can be quite bad and terribly slow. For the time being it is very playable though well done.
    Good point about the power off. I forgot to mention it... so here is a couple of pointers to help avoid crashes:
    1) Try to finish a level w/o powering PSP down.
    2) The game has a small memory leak (SDL related)
    so it is recomended that you restart it after you complete a level.

About performance, - those swinging things and fire fountains consume alot of resources...
    One thing to patch it is to go to HW rendering - but from my experience SDL HW implementation is still buggy. So the game may crash more often..
    Another thing that needs to be done is resizing all graphics for PSP resolution. Currently the game is resized from 640x480 to 480x272 by PSP on a fly, which takes it's toll...
    Resizing all graphics manually and adjusting game's physics is quite a big project, that I don't have time for... :-(

hey could you pm me the cheat combo? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoApollo
    hey could you pm me the cheat combo? :-D
    It's not a secret anymore..
    The [home] button toggles the hidden menu with all the cheat options...
    So you'll need to press [home] and then select "cancel" to go back to the game...
    I don't remember if this needs to be done during game session or while on main menu, so try both...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information