Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Updates

PSP Coder

Default Project Updates

Ok after all the crap that went on with m64 recently I desided to reflect on things a bit. So here is a general update.

- Monkey64 -
    After all the recent crap I have desided to go back to my plan on taking a small break to reflect where I want to head on this project. The project is far from dead but there will probably not be any updates for a few weeks.

- Iris -
    The gods have smiled on you all. Iris 0.2 alpha is going up later today (friday). Do note that this build is early and as such is a serious WIP/Alpha. Bots will be disabled !! (there is a stability issue with them). The point of the alpha release is to get everybody up to date on the latest engine so moders can start taking better use of Iris. There has been huge improvements in overall performance and of couse all the new goodies like surface clipping (still has bugs), improved colissions and all that jazz will be there to play with. So consider the build to be more BspViewer 0.3 then Iris (Do note BspViewer is now dead, The engine is now iris, not bspviewer anymore, and will stay that way from here on out).

- New Project -
    Details are little but I got some serious chearing up today. I recently finaly got an atomiswave kit with demolish fist in for my arcade (sadly had to trade tons of stuff for it. ). Anyways first time I played demolish fist I felt bored to tears. Today playing it after work, I for some odd reason felt drawn into the game to the point of actualy quite liking it. On top of all this I started to watch what the game was doing over all and realised that this might work on the psp if done well. Not only that I could easly get something going quite quickly after all my work on iris.

So whats the details? Well there is not much to state still since things are in the planning stage but you all know how I work. Things will probably start rolling at an alarming rate & smack us in the face when we did not exspect it. So far my main goal is to esentualy make A 3d Beat-em Up Iris / 3d Beats of Rage. I want to make the game easly modifyable from enemys, characters, objs, placements, ai patterns, textures & level geometry. Not to mention making it look pretty on the psp .

That is all for now. More details to come once I have a working concept prototype up and running.

For a nice video of what is going on in my mind. See this nicely captured video of demolish fist in action.

A 3D fighting game! Sounds cool.

awesome... this new project sounds great.... i know i'll love it

Very cool aloung with being able to mod it. Is this going to be a port or a game you make running on that engine?

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    3d Beat-em Up Iris / 3d Beats of Rage. I want to make the game easly modifyable from enemys, characters, objs, placements, ai patterns, textures & level geometry. Not to mention making it look pretty on the psp .
    MMMMMmmmm

I love the fact your homebrew is easily moddable. Looking forward to this project Monkey.

DCEmu Newbie

The fighting game looks pretty cool, if its possible to run that on a psp, that would be nice man! im looking forward to the new project.

Sounds really good (seeing the video), another suprise from PSMonkey^^, and hear some news about Iris is good, kinda hidden by th BIG Monkey64 Project^^

IRIS 0.2... TODAY???!!! A-w-e-s-o-m-e, Can't Wait!!!
    Great, PSMonkey!!!

looks like sweet game, I remember the was a game like that for the ps2 made by square, i think it was called the bouncer, i think. But I loved that games so bet bunch of people would like this!

When will Iris 0.2 be downloadable?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information