Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Millenium Falcon Dreamcast

Yeah, hopefully

I'm slightly annoyed though that no-one mentioned those pics were of a work in progress, most people must be thinking it looks pretty weak. Oh well still cool that it got posted at all

Thanks to Wraggster as both links on the sites are due to his/her news post.

UPDATE: Really need a site that has decent pinouts for the a/v port on the back as i know what pins are C Video and L/R sound, and can find pins on the board to solder to for CVideo and L sound but cant find a pin on the mobo for R sound as the pin disappears under the socket.

Maplins still dont have any blue LED's in stock.

Having alot of trouble trying to make room for the a/v socket on the bottom so you can plug in vga and other stuff, don't want the DC to just have composite connections that im soldering on.

Still cant figure out what the 3rd wire does on the fan, its not a speed control or a return of ground or +ve to tell the DC its connected, cant figure out what it is.

Also any ideas for a custom controller? maybe a paintjob or some sort of stuff added to it to match the mf DC.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

7400 views for this topic,thats a record!, the next highest is Sold My Psp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...3565#post23565
    with a mere 1590 follow by
    VMU Backup CD v1.0.0 Released, 1254

Cool! although alot of thanks should go to wraggster as him posting it in the news section led to many sites posting links and generated alot of interest.

shame not many replies though, will probably post pic later today with more stuff added.

Smile Update!

Finally got round to buying spare bits from Maplin and putting the flip-top mechanism on the mf. So heres a couple of pics, as always they are no where near finished and stuff is likely to change.

^^ This pic shows the insides and pretty much all the bits that will be in the final product, excluding a/v outs and several more leds.

^^ This pic is a close up of the insides, you can see the speaker and circuit i spoke of earlier that makes millenium falcon sounds, this will be wired to the lid detector switch so when you put in a disc it sounds and the lights flash (there will of course be a switch to turn this off as it could get annoying )

^^ Sorry this isnt the best pic but it shows the blue led shining through the fan at the front. It also shows the flip top lid from a lower level, im working on a better lid mechanism as the lid doesnt lift up enough.

^^ This is a good pic to show the flip-top lid that i just added, with a DreamSNES CD-R in it. You can see the blue LED shining through the fan at the front but its not very bright due to the flash and i wired it to the 3.3V instead of the 5V just incase as im not sure of the LEDs max voltage.

Hopefully those pics help give an idea of what the final product will look like, especially the last one.

Theres still some major things to do:

1) Fill in the gap in the lid and attach the gun, and wire up the leds to use in the gun.

2) Sort out the mechanism so it opens slightly further. The one i used was from a scrapped CD player and doesnt work very well.

3) Put a clear white LED where the $#@!pit is, get some fine wire mesh for the back and put several VERY bright blue LEDs for the millenium falcons engines.

4) Paint the mf adding alot of detail.

5) Attach the controller port front to the millenium falcon, and cut the holes. Also get a longer ribbon to go from the controller board to the mobo.

Hope that someone finds this update interesting

EDIT: Sorry those pics are too large, i'll try to make them smaller.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

very nice, keep up the work

Yeah cheers, posted links on a couple of forums and im getting very mixed responses, some people think its cool, some say ive just ripped off the xbox Millenium Falcon (which i suppose is true) some just say that its crap and so is Dreamcast, you can guess what's their console of choice...

That's flippin great, screw the naysayers. Can't wait to see it with the controller ports.

DCEmu Pro

can it fly?

can it fly?
    Im working on it

It's going pretty well at the moment, and im considering over-clocking it if i can get some better cooling.

Also does anyone know of a guide for a VGA board that doesnt involve an IC chip as ive seen one but can't remember where and i cant find the IC that the other guide uses. Any help would be really useful.

Yes, it is quite impressive.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information