Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Millenium Falcon Dreamcast

dude, that looks the bizniz, that top loader will be red hot! lovin it so far!.
    Pez.

Talking

Most Impressive!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

I'll revive this thread just to say that that is probably the coolest console ever . did you get it completely finished?

no still working on it, due to oncoming exams i havent had time to do much but after the exams it will have my full attention. at the moment ive been doing bits to it;
    i have added VGA and composite outputs. ive replaced the blue engine LEDs with blue cold cathodes. added the fan blowing directly down to the mobo area. made a custom star wars controller to go with it - will post pics soon.
    Also the overclock is out of the window in favour of doing it to my standard DC.

I'll probably update with pictures in a few weeks.

heres some pics of the star wars controller to go with it...

and it plugged into a DC and lit up...

Basically its some clear plastic and fitted into the controller with two blue leds behind it taking power from the VMU port, although when saving the VMU needs more power so i fitted the button in the top of the contoller that you press to turn the leds off.

cool
    not really, i'm pretty dissapointed with the outcome.

Also the mobo has completely blown due to bad wiring on the VGA causing a short, i'm gonna have to buy a new DC. I'm getting tired of this mod.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ptr.lynch
    not really, i'm pretty dissapointed with the outcome.

Also the mobo has completely blown due to bad wiring on the VGA causing a short, i'm gonna have to buy a new DC. I'm getting tired of this mod.

NOOO NOO NOOO! Don't quit the project! I think it all looks class! Believe me, if I had the dosh I'd make you an offer right now! If you promote in the right places & right forums and then list it on e-bay then you will make a MINT - or even if you just wanna keep it yourself, or give it to a Dreamcast fan heehee. But not seriously, I know it must be well hard finding time with exams (I'm doing AS at the minute and trying to re-create my entire retro game project website, so I know it aint easy lol) but in a few weeks maybe time will become available?!

Sorry man, don't wanna seem like I'm tellin you what to do Just REALLY impressed by the work you've done so far Well done

Im doing AS too there going okay so i will most likely start sometime soon, ive thought alot about this project and have decided to carry on as theres not much to do.
    Im gonna make a differant controller that one looks crap.

What exactly is that panel made from? perhapes you could spray point the whole of the controller and that panel with some thing similare to the dirty white look of the Falcon. It appears that the panel is a little glossy, could you sand it down to remove some of the gloss?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information