Thread: Nintendo's Iwata on the Wii Price Point

Blog Entries

Rev Nintendo's Iwata on the Wii Price Point

via slashdot

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President, recently talked with GameDaily about the rumors surrounding the $249 Wii price point, his take of the PS3 price point and controller, and to reassure us that the GameBoy is far from dead! 'You may want to check our past records of price points when launching past hardware... I think you'll agree that we always come up with an affordable price point

Good old Nintendo! That is one reason, why new systems come out, I alwasy buy a Nintendo one and get the others when they get cheaper. For example, when the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube came out. I bought a Gamecube first because I could get a bundle that came with: 1 GC, Super Mario Sunshine, and a memory card for under $200! Same thing with the DS and the PSP. DS was more than $100 cheaper. Nintendo is, and will always make afordable systems that are still friggin awesome!

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

agreed

DCEmu Newbie

Hmmm... £130 pounds for a console made by a company dedicated to games? Or almost HALF A GRAND for a multi-media machine that plays a medium that isn't even out yet, and may not even become popular? I think Nintendo wins that one in terms of gaming :-)

Thread Information