Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why not set ANIMATED GIF AS YOUR PSP BACKGROUND!

Default why not set ANIMATED GIF AS YOUR PSP BACKGROUND!

i noticed that we have a few programs that CAN read animated GIF files.....why not make one that can SET and animated GIF. format file as your psp background! like the black wizard from final fantasy i use for my avitar over there..see how his fire is in motion...how cool would that be for a background !!!
    also there still not a screen shot app for 2.0 and up??

What program let's you put an animated GIF as your psp's backround?

none yet but thats why i made this...i said WHY NOT?? i mean the psp can ALREADY set the motion gifs as backgrounds actually ....but they arent IN MOTION they just stayt still??? try it out and see!....its seems to me if the psp ALREADY supports the format....and will even set it as a background! then why doesnt the ANIMATED part work when set as a background it apears like a still GIF.?? so i want a program that lets us do just that! i hope a coder thinks about tackling my challenge

Sounds great, and I also hope a coder can do this for us.

Ya you talked to me about this before. I'm intrested in this hope it catches on. Not like my AES thread witch ended up catching some attention but no coders. Sadly i think that it might ever be done...

I would love if a coder can make this possible

P.S is there a GIF viewer for 1.5?

can you set a background for 1.5's?

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    none yet but thats why i made this...i said WHY NOT?? i mean the psp can ALREADY set the motion gifs as backgrounds actually ....but they arent IN MOTION they just stayt still??? try it out and see!....its seems to me if the psp ALREADY supports the format....and will even set it as a background! then why doesnt the ANIMATED part work when set as a background it apears like a still GIF.?? so i want a program that lets us do just that! i hope a coder thinks about tackling my challenge
    Because when the PSP saves a background image, it is saved as "flash1:/vsh/theme/wallpaper.bmp". Don't believe me? Use FileAssistant++ (the new one) to look at your flash1 on any 2.00+ or downgraded 1.50 to see for yourself. It converts whatever is showing in the image viewer (zoomed in, etc.) to a bitmap file, which we all know does not support animation. It would be nice though if the photo viewer showed animated GIFs instead of relying on the browser.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Maybe eventually a homebrew app for firmware 1.5 could be made to work around this as it would be awsome to have something silly like my avatar lolz :P

Default "flash1:/vsh/theme/wallpaper.bmp". TO "flash1:/vsh/theme/wallpaper.gif".

It converts whatever is showing in the image viewer (zoomed in, etc.) to a bitmap file, which we all know does not support animation.
    and so you make MY POINT for me...i DO relize that...and i wonder if its not possible to change that...to code an exploit of some sort that makes the psp cycle a GIF... instead of ...kinda snapshot-ing it into a bitmap....THAT would be a REVALUTIONARY change for the psp....and an EXPLOIT wouls be needed but i think its possible for 1.0 or 1.5 users after all when you pop in a UMD GAME you notice that a GIF icon pops up alot of times ( dark stalkers for example..or a way to OVERLAP the bitmap after its set..i also noticed that the web browser can do it fine....how about exploiting that fact i mean WTF you press X 1 time enter the web browser ( ON OR OFF LINE) and you can THEN veiw any GIF you want ??! ..HOW ABOUT THE CREATORS OF PSPERSONALIZE!!! they have experience in the area i wonder who made the app and if they would consider looking into this lil venture....btw thanx for the show of intrest guys im glad 2 see im not the only one looking foward to this feature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information