Thread: Having trouble updating? READ THIS!

Default Having trouble updating? READ THIS!

This is sort of a P.S.A./FAQ. I have seen waaaay to many threads saying "I Can't Update!!!!!" and so I decided that I would post this here. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BECOME STICKIED SO I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAlN ABOUT THIS STUFF.

OMG OMG OMG LIEK I CANT UPDAT CUZ IT IZ TELLIN ME TAHT I AHVE VERZION 2.70.
    Um, you can't downgrade 2.70 (or any version above 2.00), so it is simple why you can't "update".

I have version 1.50, and I want to update to 2.00+, but my PSP won't let me; it says that my version is already up to date.
    This means that you have used a version changer to trick your firmware version into being higher than it is. Use a version changer to change it back to update. I STRONGLY recommend using the same program to change your version back.

I tried updating with a UMD, but the update froze in the middle of the update, and now my PSP won't turn on.
    You're out of luck. I also recommend always using a Memory Stick to update because a small scratch or speck of dust could throw of the update and toss your PSP into oblivion.

I am trying to update from 1.50 to 2.00+, and the update starts, but I can't see anything on the update screen except a header bar, the background picture, the asura effect, and a picture of the X and O buttons. WTF?
    Well, this has to do with modified settings (done with flash modification software like PSPset and X-Flash) that is not interpreted by newer versions. The only ways to solve this problem are either to bluescreen (cause a settings error) or to go to Settings > System Settings > Restore default settings. This will create "fresh" system.dreg/system.ireg files, and you will be able to update.

I am trying to run a game that requires 2.00 and I tricked my version, but I get an error (FFFFFFD3) after the game starts loading.
    You must use a specialized game loader to run such games as GTA, SOCOM, etc. without updating. New security causes this problem.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done IndianCheese

If you add a bit more detail to it I will gladly sticky this.

Thumbs up

Nice tutorial.

Good tutorial!

Thread Information