Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MAME4ALL new version!!!!

Great! I love Mame!

DCEmu Newbie

most neogeo roms I "VE tested cannot work.
    it says
    "unable to allocate ram,
    error reading roms
    unable to initialize machine emulation."
    IDONT"know why.do the roms have problem or I"ve put the neogeo bios in the wrong place?
    others happen to get this problem also?

DCEmu Regular

too many replies here for me to read them all (it's late for me) so excuse me if these points have been addressed already. Since the last post is about neogeo then I would need saying again anyway.

I've said countless times on every other port of MAME that NEOGEO GAMES WILL NEVER WORK! IF someone manages to make ithem run there is no way thiey will run at full speed. The PSP simply doesn't have the resources. Most NEOGEO games that some of you warez kiddies wanna play require a 1.6GHZ PC with 512MB of RAM to run at full speed. With 256MB of ram you may even need a faster machine to play them (at full/nice speed). How much ram does the PSP have? Thought so.
    If those games are made to run it won't be MAME anymore. The memory handling core at a minimum would have to be rewritten, causing a need for change in every other aspect... just take my word for it. It won't be MAME.

Just be gratefull for the games it WILL run!

On an even less popular note (I just know I"m gonna get backlash for this, but I love MAME and I support the MAME team fully, so I must), The paypal links MUST be removed. Permission MUST be recieved from Aaron Giles to even use the MAME name in a derivative build. Has this been done? The MAME project was started by 1 man but has grown to a project that has had a few hundred contributors thus far and is ever changing/improving. The MAME team have been working this project for almost a decade now and they have never once asked for donations for thier hard work (the poster of this news forgot to thank them, by the way). They do it because they love the challenge, and they love arcade machines and wish to document and preserve as many systems as possible. They stay (sort of) open source so that anybody can contribute fixes and port it over to whatever system, but strictly prohibit any type of money exchange for MAME in any way. The only thing remotely related to MAME and money would be the dumping project, which isn't a part of MAME but has the nice side affect of furthering MAME's progress in the form of rom dumps (of course) and arcade hardware to study. The buck stops there. There is a license that must be adhered to and it can always be found at mamedev.com.

That being said, I thank the people who worked on this port Great job!

I'm not being mean or anything but I'll say this one more time as a FACT. If it's MAME, you're not gonna get new NEOGEO stuff to run unless you know of a way to multiply the PSPs ram by at least 10! If enough tweaks are done to get it working, then it's no longer MAME, but perhaps merely an emulator based on MAMEs documentation.

DCEmu Rookie

Has anybody gotten Sf2t working? I've tried two romsets but get a hardware initialization error

DCEmu Rookie

About the donations and MAME, there are some aspects that I can't agree with. First, Kech has ported the mame4all however he's asking for donations for franxis and chui, and both of them accept donations for their projects, not for himself, you should tell the author of mame4all himself.

My personal opinion? I really love this port, I've been waiting this for years and I think the merit of it is really worth a donation, and I think they are accepting it for their efforts on making MAME available on several platforms the original authors don't care for, and for that I'm really grateful and would gladly pay for.

Tempest works! Please sort the screen size out and i'll be in gaming heaven.

DCEmu Newbie

Too bad the "R-type" games arent supported in this mame version. They are classic arcade games.

Is Analog stick support on the to do, work in progress list?

currently germany but working in korea for six months originally from scotland

Default just tried it with bock and 2.5 don't work

i get the following message.

couldn't find module info before 088E77FC
    1progheaders(0):08E69500

blah blah etc

i think this error happens when a version runs on 1.5 but not on 2.01 +

i have seen this with other things

can anyone confirm if this will only run on 1.5
    and not above.

i think there was similar problems with beta 2 before.

cheers

DCEmu Newbie

great!great!great! I love mame!!

I expect the improvement of the sound.

thanx!!

@urherenow
    Almost every NeoGeo game samller than 10mb runs almost fullspeed right now. i don't know, where you problem is.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information