Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: When is Monkey 3.0 coming out??

What do you need me for :P

BTW for people who are waiting for a compatibility list update (Its quite a big one too) im afraid you will have to wait until the 21st when I get my macbook which then i can redo the whole thing in iWeb also my exams finish on the 19th.

Monkey 64 3.00 would still be a while before it comes out.

I think Strmnrmn would have got his emulator working before then but im overwhelmed by how many roms work in Monkey64 compared to its original release.

Many roms known to not work really do work with some effort.

Here is a hint:

Pokemon snap runs after pressing x about 2000 times :P but output is not that good afterwards

Im not revealing anymore until the new compat list is released (Just to keep you people excited :P) Its about 70% complete

Cheerio Folks
    Wally

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wally
    What do you need me for :P

BTW for people who are waiting for a compatibility list update (Its quite a big one too) im afraid you will have to wait until the 21st when I get my macbook which then i can redo the whole thing in iWeb also my exams finish on the 19th.

Monkey 64 3.00 would still be a while before it comes out.

I think Strmnrmn would have got his emulator working before then but im overwhelmed by how many roms work in Monkey64 compared to its original release.

Many roms known to not work really do work with some effort.

Here is a hint:

Pokemon snap runs after pressing x about 2000 times :P but output is not that good afterwards

Im not revealing anymore until the new compat list is released (Just to keep you people excited :P) Its about 70% complete

Cheerio Folks
    Wally
    Welcome to the Mac world

Yep!

I want to see that new fighting game... any screen shots yet?

PSP Coder

nope sadly. still planning stage. I am still debating if I will keep my md2 format and rewrite it for speed or upgrade to another format like md3/md4/hl or create a new format and try making an exporter for milkshape.

Also i am still trying to figure out what to do for maps. I'm probably gonna keep with quake3 but need to research a few things first.

md3, md4 or hl would be great, do you think it would be possible, without slowing down the PSP too much?

PSP Coder

why would they. Probably even faster.

MD3 is an upgrade to MD2 that suports q3 shader scrips & multiple models (ie split your model into multiple pieces).

MD4 is MD3 with bone/skeletal animation insted of vertex interpolation.

HL is an early format to suport bones. less advance then MD4 but great if you wish to keep things low polygon.

will we be seeing characters that we already know... like mortal kombat, or street fighter characters?

How sick would that be... Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter!?

With the Fighting game format problem, I say that you should rewrite it in MD3 format. Thats just my opinion because its the same thing as MD2... just a bit better.

PSMonkey: The fighters would only have simple animations, right? A few punches and kicks, plus the KO and winning animations? I dont think you need the bone animation, it might be overkill. I think you should use MD3, but I dont know that much and you probably already decided.

All Windows and Mac people: Linux pwns!!! (Ubuntu is my personal favorite) For example, Windows will have a new window system, but Vista costs soo much money? Linux is compleatly free (Ubuntu even ships free CDs), and has GLX... better than the new vista stuff, and FREE!!!! Sorry if I just violated any rules, I just love ubuntu/linux.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information