Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

really sorry for you
    my only guess is modchip or serial port
    and both are quite hazy options

OK...Just to clear things up a bit for people who are first timers to my shameful thread:

- I own a 1.50 firmware PSP with few games (6 to be precise)

- Yesterday, the GTA style customs for PSP came out, and I've always wanted to have that GTA font for some crazy reason.

- Soooo... I took the fonts for a spin with Flashmod v0.3 with font customization, and it worked like a charm.

- Then I got all curious about the whole deal with changing the PSP's menu text names and I thought I'd give it a try...you know, just for kicks.

- I did my research through various forums and found out it could be done with the same flashmod application, but first you had to patch a file called "topmenu_plugin.rco" with Loco's PSP Menu edit. Having that done all that was left to do was put the patched file on the root of your MS and run it through flashmod...Simple, right?

- To my complete horror, I now have a partially bricked PSP that only plays 1.50 games...Kinda like a Gameboy but with better graphics XP. So it Sucks for me. Thank you.

- My PSP's current functionality depends on a 1.50 or lower UMD to actually be able to at least play SONY PSP games. I do not have any access at all to the PSP desktop menu interface (were the icons first appear) or as veterans might call it, the XMB.

-This means it cannot access anything other than the UMD inside the UMD slot. No Photos, No Videos, No Music, No Homebrew...not even a perfectly functional Memory Stick....All I get is my customized desktop background to freeze, and after 9 seconds the PSP automatically forces a shutdown.

+++ This also means I have no access to the PSP through the USB cable, since I cannot trigger it. But I can still put stuff in and out of the MS through my PC's card port.

So I'm currently open to any suggestions and opinions that might help me on my quest to find those precious features like homebrew again.

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    really sorry for you
    my only guess is modchip or serial port
    and both are quite hazy options

Thanks.

The modchip will have to wait. I need to know if it will operate straight from the psp interface or from a second disk, kinda like a dos mode on PCs. If it runs right off the PSP menu interface, then I'm screwed either way, if I get to spend money on actually buying it....But there's always hope, right? At least I don't have a complete brick like some people have suffered, already. My brick plays games!

I'll do my research on the serial port thing and I'll post back with my findings. But while I'm at it, I'd appreciate it if someone with any knowledge on serial port access could help me out. Even a link would help. Thanks.

Send your PSP to Sony and say that your PSP died while updating.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    Send your PSP to Sony and say that your PSP died while updating.
    Heh. That's clearly not an option for me. I don't want to end up with two 2.70 PSP's or a higher update when they send it back to me... And second, they'll probably notice that I've tampered with the device enough, seeing as my warranty was voided personally by me while doing the Dpad mod three months ago...

DCEmu Regular

ok im sory if this is a stupid idea but what if you gt the original file and put it on your mem stick, or is it saved to the psp?

remember how i said it was funny that ur psp partially bricked well mine fully bricked LoL i tried changing the fonts and messed everything up im so pi$$ed

Default It's not stupid at all...

Quote Originally Posted by tallica
    ok im sory if this is a stupid idea but what if you gt the original file and put it on your mem stick, or is it saved to the psp?
    Being that the file needs to be executed from the PSPs internal flash memory, it is useless to have it in the root of the Memory Stick, unless you run it through a homebrew application like flashmod...But I can't access homebrew or anything else anymore.

Don't feel stupid, it's good to ask...It's one of the two ways you learn stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rmg060606
    remember how i said it was funny that ur psp partially bricked well mine fully bricked LoL i tried changing the fonts and messed everything up im so pi$$ed
    Aaaaaw Dude... No you didn't! I feel worse for you now... How did it happen & what app did you use?

Great! The day after this happens to me, the new Devhook with 2.50 features for 1.50 is released....Talk about 06.06.06 superstition! SHEESH!

I feel bad for you

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information