Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

i would say they could do it one of 2 ways.

1. copying the files from u.p. to psp's flash either using an inbuilt function or by using a homebrew app that can manually copy all the files to the psp's flash.

2. (and this is more likely) being able to run the sony updater program after botting from u.p. and then switching to the psp's flash for the updater to do its thing.

number 2 is most likely because from what i understand of the updating process the updater prepares the flash in a way so that the psp knows exactly where each file is in the flash memory (kind of like preparing a boot sector on a floppy/hdd). now i may be totally wrong here but it is probable that this is what needs to happen.

ill be interested in knowing exactly how it can be done in case i decide to buy/install the u.p. myself so someone who has it please let us know.

Cool

theres software that lets you flash a psp with the up mod chip so i think thats how it lets you unbrick the psp besides the secondary flash

from my understanding that software is only for flashing u.p. however i could be wrong. would be very cool if it can flash the psp,s flash too.

Yes, I've thought of all this too guys....Man I'm so anxious to see how it's done!!! I mean, there's finally a decnt GBA Emulator and IRshell sounds amazing with all it can do now...I'm in pain people...

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me

Basically a bricked psp is where whatever program that caused it has edited/rewritten the flash in the psp so that it will not operate as it should do (not work!). So the modchip physically replaces this now unusable flash module. And with a new flash in the psp that has the correct code... hey presto, i works again.

so basically what your saying is - a bricked psp even with u.p. - cannot have dual flash features.
    im sorry but the ads say it can fix a bricked psp.

i see why you might assume that it replaces your psp's flash but it doesnt actually - it operates alongside your psp's own flash.

it does unbrick it because it reaplaces the old flash and gives you a secondary flash so you buying two

thats not quite what i mean - i understood the advert to mean you can repair a bricked psp not just use u.p. instead of the psp's own flash.
    of course i could have been wrong but there must be some way to actually fix the psp's own flash with it otherwise those with bricked psp's will not be able to use that new bios thats coming out if u.p. doesnt actually repair the bricked psp's flash.

OK, I read elsewhere that the current bios supported by the U.P. mod chip only serves to make the UP chip function as a regular PSP 1.00 or 1.50fw would, it depends on whichever version of the current bios you choose to install. They claim they will release their next bios called "Epsilon" soon, and that this bios will be the one that will not only have 2.00+fw features and still play homebrew, but it'll restore the "bricked" PSP flash through a shoulder button "flash switch" method. So I guess this at least prooves everything discussed here already about the UP mod chip. But I'll still wait for a video.

indeed. that does answer my question but like you i will wait for a video to be sure.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information