Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

Default MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

To begin with, I own a genuine 1.50 PSP. I was using Flashmod today to install some fonts, and that worked like a charm. Later I decided to mess around with the menu names through patching of a file named topmenu_plugin.rco through the Menu name change program by Loco...And Dammit!!! I did everything right and later used flashmod to flash the menu names with the patched file I used...Now my PSP will only play UMD's when inside the UMD slot...If there's no UMD, it just loads normally as it always does, freezes at the menu background (the Icons never show) and then crashes....FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKK!!!! I'm such a dumbass! I knew this day would come if I kept messing around with hacks. I'm really pissed!
    Sorry for the language Wraggster but I never curse here, and I think you'd understand how I feel.

Is there any way out of this nutshell? I need some help. I'm desperate!

My PSP is now oficially the equal of a game boy...Meaning it only plays games. There's no way of going into the flash, as I can no longer access it thorugh USB or homebrew...I can still re format my Memory stick through my PC but that won't change anything...I don't have access to system settings, so that's not gonna help either...
    Any ideas or opinions??? Please help me out here if you know of a fix.

Tampering with your flash is never a good idea, maybe you could try updating to 2.0 off a UMD.

damn dude that sucks i dont know about changing the fonts or startup sounds but i would like to learn how to if you find a way out of your problem could you pm and help me change or edit my psp

Thats unfortunate. I feel so bad, i wish I could help!
    This post is really just to say hello to you, longtime! Hope everything else is well with you man. Try an update through umd as the last guy said. Things cant be that simple though!

How can I upgrade to 2.00 via USB? I can't access anything in the menu, not even the USB port. Please explain.

****Sorry I read it wrong**** I will try to update through UMD...I guess it's my only chance.

Hi Bullhead....yeah man I'm really pissed...

I'll have to try a UMD version 2.00 update once I get home, I don't have any of those games on me right now. I do have the audioslave concert though and that has a 2.00 update, but It's not even letting me through after I power on the PSP. I'm simply getting the background freeze.

gta has a 2.0 update.

Yeah I know, I have it at home...I'll try later. Right now I happen to have on me 4 UMDs:

Lumines - no update on it
    Coded Arms - 1.50...which I already have installed
    Pursuit Force - 2.50...No way, unh uh...It's not working either, anyways
    Audio Slave concert in Cuba - 2.00...but it ain't working

So considering I've tried two UMDs with higher updates already, and I've gotten squat, I think I'm stuck in the same place....UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

How much does a flash memory go for?? Anyone know? Do they sell them with firmware 1.00 or 1.50 already installed by default?

BTW guys, thanks for the moral support...as you might already know, I am having a really sheety day.

Can anyone confirm me something... When you highlight a UMD update through the menu, are the other menu icons still visible? Specially if it's a 1.50 PSP with a 2.00 UMD in-slot....I just wanna know, can't remember right now.

The thing is, since my "topmenu_plugin.rco" is probably corrupted, I am not able to see anything past the PSP boot screen that reads
    "Sony Computer Entertainment" (except the background pic)when you turn on a PSP. So the only way would be to access the update without any text showing in the PSP menu desktop....and I don't think that's even possible.

Although, my security settings were on, I get the message to input password at startup...I don't really have a password, it's just a way of deciding if you want to play the UMD or go straight to the homebrew instead, when I start the PSP....Now I really miss homebrew.

Something just occured to me!
    I think I'll try the UMD swap method trick!
    I'll run Lumines and then swap it with the Audioslave UMD.... I'll post back if anything.

Aw shucks... Didn't work either...it just crashes into a black screen after the MS light flickers for a few seconds.

hope it works for you

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information