Thread: PSPEText

DCEmu Coder

psp PSPEText

I have a new release that I'd like to get posted here. It's called PSPEText. You can find it here: http://sites.google.com/site/qbradq/projects-1/pspetext with source and Makefile included.

Here's the ABOUT section from the readme:

PSPEText is a kernel-mode plugin that allows you to pause any PSP game at any
    time and read text files stored on the memory stick. This is useful for reading
    FAQs from sites like www.gamefaqs.com while playing your favorite PSP games.

This text reader supports both a 60-column display and an 80-column display,
    which can be switched between at runtime. The 80-column display is a little
    less readable, but a must-have for reading FAQ files.

Also, I'm working on a new port of the Frotz Z-Machine emulator to PSP. I've got the actual emulator working and am now working on the user interface. Given that, I'd like access to post on the news forum.

Thanks for your consideration!
    QBRADQ

Hey man nice idea
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Thanks for sharing. This is handy

DCEmu Regular

Finally i been looking for sumthin like this. thanks!

DCEmu Coder

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I am very excited that some of you got use out of this.

Unfortunately this will not be useful to most in it's current state. As I noted in the readme.txt I only tested this with two games. Turns out there's a lot of games that this plugin does not work with, and even a lot that refuse to load when this plugin is enabled.

Thanks to a couple of folks that have emailed me bug reports I am working on resolving these issues and am making good progress. My goal is to have a patched version released by the end of the week.

EDIT:
    I have the new version complete and have sent it to a few folks for early testing. Once I am able to test it with more games and write up a new readme I'll release it here.

Thanks,
    QBRADQ
    Last edited by qbradq; November 19th, 2009 at 05:33. Reason: Update

Thread Information