Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 360 - dc resembelance

Lightbulb 360 - dc resembelance

has any ony noticed when you look at it the 360 and the dc are really very similar. If you were to put the orange swirl (or blue one depending on the country) on the 360 you could really confuse people. just look: they were both ahead of their time when they were released, both are white in color and resonably well looking. the dc competed with a more powerful sony product, and so will the 360. both the 360 and the dc were behind sony in game medium (disks). both had very popular black colored predesessors (genesis, xbox). both feature an online service you must pay for to use (not for the dc any more). pritty freaky

hmm, very weird indeed, but let's not forget the differneces:

1 - dc was made by sega, which alot of people don't like
    2 - the dc was easy to (i nkow it's not allowed here, but it's significant to this topic) modify to run burnt isos(please no one discus isos here)
    3 - the 360 is full of bugs, dc wasn't on launch
    4 - the dc is unusually noisy in cd drive
    5 - 360, obviously, has better graphics and hit names like Halo 3 coming
    6 - dc had (according to other people)absolutly no really good series, except Sonic, but that series isn't popular or liked by alot of people
    7 - microsoft won't be out of business anytime soon. it has Windows, Sega has nothing like that.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    WHAT!?
    The DC has/had many more hits then the Xbox ever did.

6 - dc had absolutly no really good series, except Sonic, but that series isn't popular or liked by alot of people
    WHAT?!

The Dreamcast has probably one fo the best good-bad game ratios of any system I've ever played. It has much better games then any microsoft console. Its true Sonic games have been going downhill for awhile but don't say he isn't liked. Your talking about a mascot who once surpassed Mario in popularity.

i ain't bashing dc, it's my favorite system. (Phantasy Star Online still rocks)
    i'm just saying, on aim/msn messenger, everyone i talked to said they either don't like, or hate sega
    and halo is by far more popular than any dc game, and it wil keep xbox alive, and if people don't like sega, they obviously won't like sonic either.

personally, i think sonics games are good, and the dc does, in my opinion, have some of the best games made (PSO, Grandia 2, Skeis of Arcadia, etc.) sadly, all those games got remade for other systems

Blog Entries

i ain't bashing dc, it's my favorite system. (Phantasy Star Online still rocks)
    i'm just saying, on aim/msn messenger, everyone i talked to said they either don't like, or hate sega
    and halo is by far more popular than any dc game, and it wil keep xbox alive, and if people don't like sega, they obviously won't like sonic either.

personally, i think sonics games are good, and the dc does, in my opinion, have some of the best games made (PSO, Grandia 2, Skeis of Arcadia, etc.) sadly, all those games got remade for other systems
    I'm getting mixed messages here. Your first reply completely contradicts what you said here. Halo isn't as popular as you may think. I'm sure much more people hate Microsoft then Sega.

what?
    all the things i said where true, ALOT of people hate sega, and sonic. Halo keeps xbox alive. i like dreamcast

Blog Entries

6 - dc had absolutly no really good series, except Sonic, but that series isn't popular or liked by alot of people
    personally, i think sonics games are good, and the dc does, in my opinion, have some of the best games made (PSO, Grandia 2, Skeis of Arcadia, etc.)
    Hmm...

I'm sure you don't hate sega its just your little list came off sounding like a Sega bashing.

oh, i worded that bad, let me fix it

Dream Coder

hmm, very weird indeed, but let's not forget the differneces:

2 - the dc was easy to (i nkow it's not allowed here, but it's significant to this topic) modify to run burnt isos(please no one discus isos here)
    3 - the 360 is full of bugs, dc wasn't on launch
    4 - the dc is unusually noisy in cd drive
    6 - dc had (according to other people)absolutly no really good series, except Sonic, but that series isn't popular or liked by alot of people
    7 - microsoft won't be out of business anytime soon. it has Windows, Sega has nothing like that.
    1- there was never large anti-sega sentiment. even in the jenny vs sneezy era.
    2- the DC had no modification required
    4- not compared to the xbox or the 360 (when using official games)
    5- relative to the time period (and last console released) the DC was as big as if not a larger jump in graphical quality than the 360
    6- yea...sonic isn't a popular series at all. it's way down there with bonk, of course it can't possibly be anywhere near mario, unless you started with the playstation
    7- microsoft's gaming hardware department (xbox, 360) is hemmoraging money

what?
    all the things i said where true, ALOT of people hate sega, and sonic. Halo keeps xbox alive. i like dreamcast
    Well, I guess I'm the only one who hates Halo then? Plenty of people hate Halo, hate the XBox and most of all hate microsoft.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

and hate me, eh quzar? <.<

my opinion - dreamcast better, 360 worse. the 2 are more different than related

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information