Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider remake trailer?

Blog Entries

psp Tomb Raider remake trailer?

A trailer purporting to be of Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition has appeared on Google Video and seems to be a remake of the original PSone Tomb Raider designed for PSP.

Rumours that Eidos is working on a remake of the original Tomb Raider game have been circulating ever since the publisher revealed in a financial report earlier this year that it is producing a special edition of Tomb Raider for the 10th anniversary of the series, which started way back in the autumn of 1996.

Eidos has refused to comment on this speculation so far but, for many, a remake makes sense as many of the improvements that were introduced in the recent Tomb Raider: Legend, such as the fluid platforming and user friendly checkpoints, could be used to update the game.

The trailer features action from the original Tomb Raider, including the T-Rex boss battle, along with new moves such as the pole swing. What adds an extra layer of mystery is that the text accompanying the video describes it as, "a trailer that appears to show footage of the original Tomb Raider remade on PSP, rumour suggests it was being made by Core Design but has since been cancelled."

When we contacted Eidos to see if it could shed any light on the video we were told that the video "has not been authorized for release by Core Design or Eidos". No comment was offered with regard to an official Anniversary Edition remake.

News via Gamesradar

Great.
    Now if they could just make remakes of games thet are good!
    AKA final fantasy7 8 9
    or legend of mana or whatever!

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

YAAAAWWWN !!!! not another fkin tomb raider game .

True.. Tomb Raider has been done to death...
    How about the Soul Reaver series??

i just want final fantasy 7 on psp, no more no less

DCEmu Rookie

You RPG guys! Am I the only one that finds the indirect controls (ie fighting etc) of an RPG boring and $#@!bersome. The Tomb Raider Games are the best games I've ever played. Maybe it's a matter of taste. Ceratinly the first 3 games were fantastic (IMO). I can't see how they can be improved on though. By adding new elements they may upset the overall balance of the game (including difficulty).

Interesting though!

DCEmu Newbie

links is broken

yea final fantacy 7 would be best............if sony brings out there playstation emu for the psp then we can very well see final fantacy 7 on the psp..... wonderin how many of you would update if sony did bring out there playstaion emu

DCEmu Pro

Its wierd that loads of you want FF7 to appear when theres a WAY better version of Advent Children appearing on PSP soon.

Tomb Raider is a classic game and set the standards for almost every 3D platform game in the world. This remake version would have shown the PSP Gamers just what the hype was about back when it was released. Ngage gamers (Including myself) got a taste of this when Tomb Raider was released on that but I hated the controllers so I sold it on Ebay, Shame but it needs to be playable. Maybe it was scrapped for PSP because the control system was naff???

Just have to see what Tomb Raider Legend has in store for us

DCEmu Newbie

Great! The first Tomb Raider was by far the best in the series - a remake would be awesome
    Had together with the 2nd one the best LevelDesign and music.

And for all those who missed the trailer:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eu8bXR3Jv...20Raider%20PSP

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/lara-cr...ake-176879.php
    Theres more info here too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information