Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tipster Unzip/Unrar 0.3 Atlantis - Not to be leaked

Default Tipster Unzip/Unrar 0.3 Atlantis - Not to be leaked

Ok, here's a little contribution to Atlantis for you to test briefly before release.
    I've got .rar extraction working for my unzipping utility. Password for zip is wateryhaven
    New features:
    Rar support (including RAR3) + passworded Rar support
    __SCE__ to kxploit renamer (mainly for iRShell users)

Installation:
    2.0+/Standalone: Install as regular application
    1.5/iRShell: go into zipplugin folder, and copy OSKGraphics folder and EBOOT into X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP4 and

X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP5 . Boot iRShell and configure the settings so that zip are associated with APP4 and rar are associated with APP5

Other:
    Switch between RAR and ZIP with trigger buttons
    __SCE__ to kxploit will list folders in PSP/GAME and allow you to click any __SCE__ named folder to rename it so that it shows in iRShell App View

Primarily, this is just a beta to make sure you guys can get it to work, and I'll probably only fix serious errors, as I'd like to make it public within the next few hours.

Download: http://www.anonymoustipster.com/Tips...arAtlantis.zip

PSP Coder

I'll give it a quick go right now.

Hey, any chance later you can add suport to kohkae engine? Would be nice to add suport for archived data.

PSP Coder

Few things

1) nice icon
    2) Actual path selection vs having to type the path would be better. I really dont want to type out the full path just to get to the file and where to extract it.
    3) Triangle being a back button is a little confusing (prefer circle). I know it follows ps1 standards but I think most things now use circle for back (usa standard0
    4) Your menu lets you go down 1 past extras. Maybe doing if > vs >= ?

What use would this be for besides unzipping files in IRShell...Could say, PSmonkey include it into iris for pk3 (zip files) support?

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Few things

1) nice icon
    2) Actual path selection vs having to type the path would be better. I really dont want to type out the full path just to get to the file and where to extract it.
    3) Triangle being a back button is a little confusing (prefer circle). I know it follows ps1 standards but I think most things now use circle for back (usa standard0
    4) Your menu lets you go down 1 past extras. Maybe doing if > vs >= ?

Hey, any chance later you can add suport to kohkae engine? Would be nice to add suport for archived data
    As I don't have time to release right now, i'll tweak a little and then release tomorrow.
    1) Thanks
    2) I initially designed this as an iRShell plugin, designed for quickly opening a .zip and extracting to PSP/GAME, but I think (seeing as I've already used the code here) that I might as well add in a browser to find directories and files.
    3)OK, I'll change back to O and alternate select to []
    4)If you notice, the ZIP menu has an item that the RAR does not (haven't worked out how to list items yet), so I removed one from the RAR menu, but the total items number remained the same. (Oops.)

I ported the unrar 3 library so that it would support all types of .rar, but this means I am bound by it's license which dictates that only decompression is allowed. Once finished, I will release the unrarlib source, so that other applications can do extraction.
    So yes, I can add support for archived data to KohKae, but not modification/compression of rars. For that .zip would have to be used. I want to get .zip compression into the final release of this utility.

PSP Coder

Cool. Sounds great AnonymousTipster.

As for integration into KohKae, Just simple decompression is all that would be needed. I might even just go zip suport insted. I want to allow games to organize their data files (like in q3 you just need a pak/pk3 file (which is actualy a zip that contains everything the map set needs).

Alright I tested your app and the rar file I tested didnt seem to unrar...but zip files do.

EDIT: Ok I tried another rar file and the psp crashed

Where did you get the .rar from, and can you extract it OK on the PC?

EDIT: Does it have directories inside the rar? I think that might be the problem.
    EDIT^2: Directory extraction seems normal to me. Hmm.

It's just rar files that I have on my computer. The one extracted 1 folder but that was it...The other gave me an error and the psp froze and shut off.

extractingRar........hFileWERROR! - tested with monkey64 rar file...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information