Thread: NDS...What to get?

Default NDS...What to get?

Hello i've finaly decided to get a DS and after getting into homebrew through my psp, would like nothing better than to get homebrew running on my new DS lite. What do i need? Where can i get it(I live in the USA)? What are the best memory cards? And how expensive are the largest ones? Oh and what are the best emulators for SNES,NES,GBA,Apps and anything else, aloung with great homebrew games, DS (for back up purposes of course, i don't pirate games but would like to have all of mine in the memory card just in case i can't get to mine or what ever) Thanx for your help and if anyone needs help with homebrew on psp i am more than glade to help.

Thanx -Jman

DCEmu Newbie

M3 Adapter and Passcard 3 sound nice.
    While the SD version is smaller and nice looking so far the best compatability is with CF - so *get* the CF.
    http://www.m3adapter.com/

Purchase CF Standalone M3:
    http://www.ubid.com//cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-m3cfa
    Purchase Passcard
    http://www.ubid.com//cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-pssc
    Divineo.com is a good seller.

jake hi its conner i want to talk

To answer your question about the emulators, if you end up getting an M3 (which I also recommend if you want big storage) it will have the emulators already installed on it, so you should be able to just run the roms without converting them. SNES emulation isn't the greatest right now, though. So you may want to stick to your PSP with that. At the rate the DS homebrew scene is picking up speed I'd imagine SNES emulation will get better some time soon.

If you have a DS Lite you might want to wait for the M3 Lite to come out about mid August. It fits flush with the DS Lite and uses microSD cards, so it's a good deal faster than current M3s.

Divineo is a good supplier (bought my G6 Lite from them)

Real Hot Stuff is also very good and they sometimes have cheaper prices and shipping rates than Divineo.

And like iXneonXi said, you'll want whichever type of M3 you want and a Passcard 3.

DCEmu's DS page has all sorts of homebrew stuff all over it. Just scroll down and look on the left side for emulators and homebrew games and apps. I don't know how often those links are updated, though, so you may not be getting the current version.

The DS news forum also posts new versions of homebrew stuff.

Thread Information