Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapviewer:::WIP & screenshot

Default Mapviewer:::WIP & screenshot

I paused my porting projects and desided to work on a portable map viewer for PSP (code name MapThis!)
    Here is a shot from a current (very buggy version):

The application will allow to:

- scroll though 3100x2500 pix map, covering ~ 52sq mi area with city level details.
    - zoomout (currently very buggy)
    - access area's attractions info (currently just restaurants) with name/address/phone
    - mapping to gps coordinates, allowing the posibility of external gps feed
    - one map with attrcations data takes ~ 1Mb of space on MS

-application will come with a linux/cygwin script to generate map tiles and data from public sources for given address. The script can be wraped in to a cgi wrapper and therefore turned in to a web service.

Please contact me if you can lend a USB based GPS mouse for my experiments or want to work on the gps communication part (Ideally, I would want to create a USB driver, so it can be plugged in w/o soldering.. not sure yet if this is possible though)

!!!

Looks amazing!!!!....hope everything works out

ill talk to one of my tech friends....he might be able to hook you up with one....

ill contact you if i can have him send it to you

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Thanks!

Nvm....

he doesnt have one on him......but he is going to sell me one for about $150....if i can get the money sometime in the next month or so...i will try to get it for you....

on a tight budget right now thanks to monthly payments on me car....but ill set some money aside

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon

P.S. - my friend works at this elctronics company.....thats how i get these kind of things....also, he is on the look out if he can pick one up cheaper than that.....so i might be able to get one cheaper...dont know...
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

this looks really good
    and the best part is that sony was puttin gps in one of its updates
    one less reason for prople to not update

^^
    Sat Nav on PSP (without updating firmware) would be amazing!

Exclamation deniska i love your work here your a gr8 contributer can i get some advice bro?

awsome stuff deniska if it helps at all ive got upstate NY mapped out a bit already
    i basicly made them home made with mapquest .com ...
    i found my local area and saved the maps as pics now the ONLY WAY TO DO THAT ON MAP QUEST IS TO RIHGT CLICK ON THE MAP AND CHOOSE set as background.......so i save ALL my pics first and then i use PSP PHOTO FORMATER to shrink these to 480 x 272 then a place ALL MY MAPS IN THE PHOTO FOLDER...
    this way you can actually zoom in and zoom out easily....so it was a quick way to get around in my state i have a few KINDS of maps as well... .for example i also saved a NY STATE RD. MAP
    so i know where all the major highways connect n such .so i think this is one of the best ideas EVER for HB!! ..im ALL ABOUT HOMEBREW MAPS GR8 IDEA Bro!!!!! your def one of my fav. here at dcemu awsome work keep fighting the good fight i love your games and your site ....

PS HELP VETTA!!! PLEASE!!! lol

WE NEED A DECENT 2d side scrolling shooter deniska OR A FINISHED DAVE KNUKEM ive made a sweet MASTER CHEIF MOD FOR DAV KNUKEM ( seems the halo zero game cant be ported.... as it does not have a source.. ..and dobbermann told me personally in a chat at the halo zero forums ( im a member

http://z14.invisionfree.com/halozero/index.php?
    act=idx

) that it HAS NOT GOT A SOURCE CODE he made this game witrh a pc app. game making app
    here exactly what he told me :

Thank you very much for this message, but you need to know that the game was amde by using a game maker program for pc windows, called multimedia fusion.
    A port on the psp would be awesome, but all you need is to find how to corectly emulate windows to run this game on your psp! (i know it should be very hard!)
    our next mail chat
    the game was made usng a game maker program, SO they don't are any C/C++ source file, only a Multimedia Fusion save file.
    You can't port it to a PSP game without remaking all yourself in a C/C++ language, so it's like making a new game
    and what the hell is multi media fusion well i asked that to actually ...heres that :
    vetta asked:
    i see ....thanks what tools do you use the most for dev.?<!--QuoteEnd-->
    <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    DOBBERMAN TOLD ME:
    MultiMedia Fusion (www.clickteam.com) + MS
    Paint

DCEmu Newbie

This look´s really nice :-)
    I can´t wait for the release, I convert a lot of german maps and throw my pda navi away...

Thank you Deniska

Cool! Cant wait to see if you can pull off GPS

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    awsome stuff deniska if it helps at all ive got upstate NY mapped out a bit already
    i basicly made them home made with mapquest .com ...
    i found my local area and saved the maps as pics now the ONLY WAY TO DO THAT ON MAP QUEST IS TO RIHGT CLICK ON THE MAP AND CHOOSE set as background.......so i save ALL my pics first and then i use PSP PHOTO FORMATER to shrink these to 480 x 272 then a place ALL MY MAPS IN THE PHOTO FOLDER...
    this way you can actually zoom in and zoom out easily....so it was a quick way to get around in my state i have a few KINDS of maps as well... .for example i also saved a NY STATE RD. MAP
    so i know where all the major highways connect n such .so i think this is one of the best ideas EVER for HB!! ..im ALL ABOUT HOMEBREW MAPS GR8 IDEA Bro!!!!! your def one of my fav. here at dcemu awsome work keep fighting the good fight i love your games and your site ....
    Thanks, but I already created the script that gets you a bunch of map tiles around the specified coordinates. So technically I can easily generate a pretty large map for any US/Canada location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information