Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: sora adventure0.1 first attempt at lua

Thats a heck yes to the advantage!

I saw the custom sprites...they didn't fit too well..

I also found many other sprites around the web. Dont get me wrong the ones you showed me were awesome, but they didnt have everything. About 63% of them you should get credit for though

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Is the combat going to be in real time? If so, a finite state machine should suffice for the AI. If you are going to do FF style turn based combat then we have problems and may have to resort to mini max which is going to be difficult to implement in Lua.

Credit for who? The Rippers or Square/Enix? That's not a problem, anyone can rip though. Customizing is the real deal. Like say, if I go ahead and give the Original Sora his well deserved new attire...that's a real job worth credit.

This is just an example from my CastleVania project:

The thing is, rippers and the origanal creators deserve credit. No credit is bigger then another credit so it doesn't matter. You cant have 2 credits, it just doesn't work that way. If you have credit, ya get credit.

Therefore we must say, "based on origanal gma produced by Disney and Square Enix". Otherwise, its basic copyright infringment.

If someone custom made sprites, thats all good and nice. But it doesn';t matter if they are custom or not, just the preforable sprites are the professionally done sprites, those ripped from actual games.

P.S. Turn based combat sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind
    Therefore we must say, "based on origanal gma produced by Disney and Square Enix". Otherwise, its basic copyright infringment.
    I've been doing the Sprite thing for some time already,(since the good ol "Super Parovadius" days) I can only agree with you here. Sorry, it's just the way I think.

Rippers only save real game developers a lot of time, but honestly...Anyone can rip.

I'll leave you with that thought..We'll talk later, I'm leaving work right now.

DCEmu Pro

Hiyarr just got back online after a night out with my girlfriend. You are all the second best to me however so I have come back online to see the progress Sorry your not first best, you would be if I never met her lol)

I had a look at the sprites and I have to say they look pretty fine especially the castlevania sprites from Apoklepz they are EXTREMELY neat .

I take it that Apoklepz is a new member of the team, if so I say hello to you mayte you seem pretty good doing the sprites anyway.

My girlfriend thought of one of the sadest names we could put in the name poll for this game as well:-

Sora The Explorer

Yeh I laffed too haha

DCEmu Pro

Wooo Ill be going to check my mail now Sorry I have had some problems with spyware lately so my computer is running really bad, I removed most but theres some still hidden. Why do people make it its pathetic.

Either way for me to try get back on topic, KH Dream sounds very good, we just have to hope that Square/Enix do not make a Kingdom Hearts game called KH Dream haha, there was a homebrew apparantly the same name as a proper commercial game and it was scrapped.

Thread Information