Paradox Interactive has a new real-time strategy game in the pipes set during the Third Crusade called Lionheart: Kings' Crusade. Kings' as in the possessive of more than one king. So I ask: Why does Richard I get top billing?
Seriously, history buffs, are you going to let this go? The freaking Holy Roman Emperor drowned on his way to this particular Crusade and Richard the Lionheart's boyfriend — Phillip II of France — broke up with him over it. I think they deserve a spot on the game's title, too. Or you could just call it Kings' Crusade: Third Time's The Charm and add a question mark for intrigue.
Anyway, the game is in early days with a hazy 2010 release date set. Players can enjoy one of two single-player campaigns either on the side of the Crusaders or the Saracens in full 3D maps that may or may not be historically accurate. You can also "rewrite history" by playing campaigns with characters straight out of history — though developer Neocore Games has yet to say which historical characters will be playable.
Find them on Facebook here.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...