In this week's mildly paranoid iPhone app roundup: Prices, slashed for the holidays! iPhones, recklessly tilted! Amazing classic games, handily ported! A decent camera app, sold for nothing! Cheap tickets, booked! Dictations, taken! Movies trivia, two ways! And much, much more...
This Week's Apps

If you hate hate hate galleries, click here to view the apps as a single page.

Honorable Mentions

Google Mobile: This update keeps the app from launching into Safari as much as it used to, and widens its voice capabilities. A minor but useful upgrade.
My Name and Head Shoulders Knees & Toes: I suspect most of you don't reader these roundups to find ways to entertain your children. But if you do, My Name, which will teach your tot how to spell whatever is on his birth certificate, and Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes, which makes a simple touch game out of the children's song, will distract them long enough for you to gobble up enough Zoloft to keep the gears moving without anyone noticing.
Wolfram Alpha: Once a comical $50, this mega calculator app is now a slightly less comical $20.
Monkey Ball 2: Last week, I noted that this app seemed to have a widespread crashing problem, and therefore couldn't recommend it, despite the fact that it's a worthy—if not revolutionary—followup to one of the iPhone's best launch titles. The bug has been identified: If you have a jailbroken phone, avoid this one. If you don't, and you loved Monkey Ball numero uno, give it a shot.
iClassic: Replaces your music interface with a faux-clickwheel. Jailbreak-only.
Voltron: A name and a concept worth getting excited about, let down by mediocre execution.
Aqua Forest 2: Same deal as above: A game with a pedigree and a soild concept, but on which the developers didn't quite follow through well enough.
This Week's iPhone News On Giz

Mega-iPhone Dorks Who Idolise Rambo, Strap This On For Size
Apple Countersues Nokia
Analyst Claims iPhone Users Are Suffering From "Stockholm Syndrome"
Apple Patent Shows Dock Made From 'Elastic Sponge-Like Substance' That Conforms To Shape of iPod/iPhone
In Which a Telco Executive Makes Taking Sound Like Giving
This list is in no way definitive. If you've spotted a great app that hit the store this week, give us a heads up or, better yet, your firsthand impressions in the comments. And for even more apps: see our previous weekly roundups here, and check out our Favorite iPhone Apps Directory. Have a great weekend, everybody!

</img>
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...