Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Undiluted Platinum - PSP Modchip News/Diagrams

What would one do with the chip once it is installed? I'm all for it but it seems the PSP can do almost everything higher firmwares can do and then some at 1.50 firmware.

This sounds really cool but I just am not fully understanding its uses.

Wait, I'm thinking from a 1.50 users point of view. Perhaps this chip would benefit 2.00+ users more allowing them to take advantage of all the homebrew greatness 1.50 PSP's experience.

I can't wait to get my first batch and start modding. I *WILL* be doing european postal chipping service.
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    What would one do with the chip once it is installed? I'm all for it but it seems the PSP can do almost everything higher firmwares can do and then some at 1.50 firmware.

This sounds really cool but I just am not fully understanding its uses.

Wait, I'm thinking from a 1.50 users point of view. Perhaps this chip would benefit 2.00+ users more allowing them to take advantage of all the homebrew greatness 1.50 PSP's experience.
    Voltron, How can you play 2.7+ umd games/movies on 1.5?
    I can't even play many 1.5+ games on my 1.0.

Also theres that Location-Free TV and Flash 6 stuff you can't use on fw1.5... for people that care about such things.

Think about how many people will actually have 2.71 once this is out!
    Even for people that don't get the mod chip this is very good news.

There will be many more people using 2.71 on their modchip...
    Therefore more homebrew developers/users able to try to find ways to run homebrew/downgraders on higher firmwares.
    Also, homebrew developers will be able to thoroughly test their programs in any firmware without worrying about bricking their psp.

There's a lot more advantages from the coming of the mod chip then just for those who buy it.

This mod chip is great! But I dont see why sony want just release a new firmware that prevents the use of this mod chip. Maybe I am just a n00b, but I dont see why sony just cant do that.

Quote Originally Posted by doof69
    This mod chip is great! But I dont see why sony want just release a new firmware that prevents the use of this mod chip. Maybe I am just a n00b, but I dont see why sony just cant do that.
    Well yes you are a n00b so shut up , just kidding. I agree with your point and it will be interesting to see what sony tries to do to put this mod chip to rest.

DCEmu Newbie

on the last picture (with the picture showing the closed psp with the battery compartment) theres like a piece of hardware outside, so i'm assuming there will be $#@! sticking out your psp if you have a chip?

Lightbulb Why is 1.0 better than 1.50?

Quote Originally Posted by mog
    Voltron, How can you play 2.7+ umd games/movies on 1.5?
    I can't even play many 1.5+ games on my 1.0.

Also theres that Location-Free TV and Flash 6 stuff you can't use on fw1.5... for people that care about such things.

mog mog mog
    , its time for you to change to 1.50 my friend. It is now possible for 1.50 PSP's to do pretty much everything 2.71 PSP's can and MORE....

1.) No games require 2.70 or 2.71 yet. Even the NEWEST games just released only require 2.60.

2.) I can play ALL games ranging from 1.00 - 2.60. There are only a few games that still are not working on 1.50. Like Outrun, WWE, and maybe a couple others. But lets see... what just came out. Cars, Astonishia Story, Tomb Raider, Race Driver 2006, etc. etc. All are 2.60 games and I can play them on my 1.50.

3.) It is now possible for 1.50 to FULLY emulate 2.50 firmware. And better yet, it can be emulated at 333 MHz making the web browser work faster than you'd ever imagine. I can also use the Location Free player.

SO you see, 1.50 firmware is the BEST. So I'm thinking the MOD Chip might be geared more towards people who are stuck with higher firmware PSP's.

Also important to note that I play all games in ISO or compressed ISO form. Some people are against that but it is so much better if you ask me. I have a 2GB mem stick and most games just take up 512MB or less.

you b*****d pirate

voltron. if your 500 posts if you dont know iso discussion here is ban worthy REGARDLESS OF LEGIT USE then....... your stupid.

first and only warning.

i hav 1.5 psp, i hav money, i hav soldering skillz....cought......cought, BIG question should i get the modchip???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information