Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: iR Shell 1.6 Released

PSP Coder

Default iR Shell 1.6 Released

iR Shell 1.6 Released

If listening to your favorite mp3s while playing UMD Games/homebrews isn't enough for you, you can now stream any files via WiFI or USB to any of your favorite homebrews. Imagine having your whole mp3, movie & photo database on your PC and stream them real time to your PSP via WiFi or USB for unlimited storage and enjoyment. You don't like to convert your movies to PMP format? How about streaming your MP4 movies to Sony's XMB movie player? Having too much fun and can't stop playing your PSP? Well, you can setup an alarm to remind you stop playing. Your favorite shell now gives you all these features at your fingertip, plus a lot more.

Here is a highlight of the new features. For a complete list, refer to the README.TXT for details:
    • You can browse your PC harddisk, DVDROM or any other PC storage devices from your PSP via infrastructure WiFi or USB connection and stream files to your homebrew applications. You can even install PSP homebrews on your PC harddisk and launch them on your PSP, just like a huge virtual Memory Stick. 200GB memory stick is now a reality!

• You can open files directly with a single click via iR Shell file browser, such as PMP movies, PMF movies, Atrac3s, mp3s, photos, text files, PDF files, ZIPs, RARs, etc. These files can reside on your Memory Stick or even on your PC storage device.

• Launching XMB within iR Shell which allows you to use all features of XMB, plus taking snapshot of it or UMD Video.

• Alarm clock to remind you important appointments.

• Low battery voice warning to remind you to recharge your battery before it drys up.

Special thanks to:
    - Tyranid for making usbhostfs for PSPLINK.
    - Dark Alex for making nethostfs.
    - AnonymousTipster for developing the ZIP & RAR Unarchiver Plugin for iR Shell.
    - StoneCut for being my favorite beta tester.
    - Skydew for providing the new Help image files.
    - Triable for making various nice graphics for iR Shell.
    - Rangedunits for supplying a free hosting service.
    - all original plugin authors.
    - all iR Shell beta testers for providing valuable suggestions & counterless hours of testing.

Visit my homepage and follow the instructions to download and install.
    http://www.ahman.co.nr

PSP User

Wow this sounds so awesome! I am getting it right now!! Thanks you so much for this!!

DCEmu Newbie

Holy Crap First Comment Downloading Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Awww Missed It, BUT iRSHELL F'n RULES

PSP User

Can someone explain to me how to use the net host thing for windows?

holey mother****ing $#@!

Rebooting the XMB is an awesome idea

same with UMD browsing.

and the PMF player is PERFECT.

oh my god wow

Someone is going to have to post how to get that wifi action working... because I use PIMPstreamer all the time, and just plugging the same IP address that PIMP uses into the configurator didnt do it for me.

read the readme.. its INCREDIBLE what this app can apparantly do

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

WOW I was aking for streaming of gsmes ect months back on 1st release now its here nice to see the devs listen to the comunities voice thx

MMM if only it allowed ISO streaming maybe next release ??? if possible.

just played the neo geo emu stream speed is perfect

PSP User

Oh my god! OK, so I downloaded it an hour and a half ago, and I have been using it NON-STOP! It is AMAZING! I streamed a TV show episode via the XMB emulation and WiFi HostFS to ms0 redirection. Sound a bit choppy at times, but I'm pretty sure that's just my connection, because I moved to get a little better signal and it was fine. Very cool stuff! Haven't tried USB HostFS to ms0 redirection yet, but in my opinion the WiFi is much cooler. However, the USB HostFS redirection would actually make use out of that PSP Bank with 40 gigs (or just any external hard drive). Really amazing stuff here. I am blown away. Virtually memory stick size limits (well up to around a terabyte I think, but no one who has that much stuff is fooling around with a PSP homebrew program...). The addition of multiple file extension support for each plugin is nice, so you don't have to just copy the plugin. And the bundled plugins are great (I had all of them except the PMF and AT3 plugins, but it was still nice to include all of them in the install). Seriously this app is AMAZING--my new favorite homebrew BY FAR! It has already kept me busy for over an hour and a half, and I am SURE it will keep me busy for WEEKS!! I can't even express how blown away I am by this. OK, I'll stop rambling on, now...GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information