Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Mame4ALLPSP New Version 0.0.3

i just put marvel vs capcom in the roms folder and there is like 6 files for the rom, and when i run it it says cannot find any roms? can someone help me?

Im very new, only had a PS a couple of days.

I wanna play old games like Invaders, Pacman, 1941 etc

I have a 1.5 PSP, do I need a eloader? What version of the Mame4all do I use, the 1.5 one? I got that but it says corrupted data.

Help, dunno where to start.

Stevie

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all! I'm new here too. I just got my PSP a few days ago and I have been reading WAY too much about the different versions and PSP boards. Well, I have the TA-082 (IC1003) board running version 2.80. Can I use the Mameforall003 emulator? Like I said, I am new to PSP. I have been hearing about "bricking" (I assume that means killing your PSP) and I do not want to do that! I also read that there is a DG for TA-082, but for version 2.71? For now (until I learn more) I just want to use the emulator. I have a few GIG worth of ROMs my friend just gave me (using MAME for Windows). Am I able to use those same ROMS for the PSP. Thanks for any help!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nigels View Post
    Yep I found the problem and got it working. There is one ROM ba3.11 that has a bunch of zeros appended to the start of it which is why it is 2048 long instead of 1920. If you delete those extra bytes from the start of the file with a binary editor it will work with MAME4ALL on the PSP.

Huge thanks for figuring this out nigels! I don't know how you figured this out but I'm glad you did. I was having the same issue as everyone else. ROM loaded without errors but then just hung at a blank screen.

I used a hex editor to clear out the leading zeros in the ba3.11 file and put it back in the elevator.zip and then gave it a whirl in MAME4ALL and it worked!!

Again, humungous thanks for this as this is one of the main reasons I dl'd MAME4ALL!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Will this work with firmware 3.10OE-A

Will this emulator work with firmware 3.10OE-A, if so how do you install it.

Many Thanks

DFH101

to myco72,
    you will need to downgrade youre 2.80
    there is a ta-082 (ic-1003) 2.80 downgrader available
    to dfh101,
    it will work for 3.10OE-A, you can either put your psp into 1.50 homebrew folder mode and put it into ms0/psp/game
    or leave it on 3.10 homebrew folder mode and put it into ms0/psp/game150
    hope this helps

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks

youre most welcome
    if you have more troubles
    i'm more than happy to help

If the authors of this emulator don't want to work on it anymore, why won't they release the source code? This was by far the most promising MAME emu for the PSP....

DCEmu Newbie

Well apparently it doesn't run all the old awesome shmups.
    Is there any way to emulate those old brilliant games on PSP? MAME4xbox emulates them perfectly. I'm speaking of DoDonpachi, ESPrade, Vasara, Sengoku, 1945, Dragon Blaze, and the like.

Thread Information