Thread: Wii Fit found to have 'little effect' on family fitness level

Blog Entries

Rev Wii Fit found to have 'little effect' on family fitness level

In a new study conducted by Scott Owens out of the University of Mississippi, the Wii Fit was loaned to eight families and the usage and fitness impact was tracked over time -- three months before they got the Wii, and three months after. The verdict? "No significant changes" in family fitness from the Wii. Interestingly, over the period of three months the daily Wii Fit usage declined a staggering 82 percent, from 22 minutes a day for the first half of the time all the way down to an average of four minutes a day for the last six weeks. The biggest winners here were the children, who did display some "significant" increases in the specific area of aerobic fitness, but we get the feeling that with a bit more stick-to-itiveness the whole family might've been able to raise its game here. Or maybe Nintendo could invest in making some more motion-controlled games that don't become repetitive and shallow after two playthroughs.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/17/w...tness-level-b/

Duh! People really need to get up off their asses, off the couch, out from in front of the TV, out of their office jobs, and do some manual labor for a change...

...like our tribal ancestors. It's called NATURE people, and our life style is un-natural. If we live naturally, we don't need wii fit, health clubs, power walkers in the mall and the like.

Everyone is a pussy fart now a days, I swear.

DCEmu Newbie

Personally, if my heart's rate hits a certain level for a certain amount of time, I'm going to be benefited by aerobics with Slim In 6. Whether that's running in place and doing jumping jacks or swinging a remote control around in a way that gets my whole body going, I am probably doing more good than harm. These simple routines helped me improve my figure.
    Last edited by sophia99; June 25th, 2010 at 13:50.

Thread Information