Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.1 (beta)

psp PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.1 (beta)

Hi All,

VisualBoyAdvance is an emulator for GameBoy Advance console.
    See http://vba.ngemu.com/ for further informations.

PSPVBA is a port on PSP of the Linux version 1.7.2 of VisualBoyAdvance with SDL support.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release, and as we could expect, it doesn't run full speed !

I've done many optimizations to reach the full speed, in particular i've translated all
    the original source code from c++ to pure C langage for performance purposes,
    but that's not enough ...

Nevertheless, all required features for an emulator are already presents such as
    sound, "save states", customizable keys mapping, screenshots etc ...

The sound suport is based on the work of psp298, but it is not really good (mainly due to speed).

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
    read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

simply awsome man! keep up the good work! lets bring full speed gba to the psp!, also this is a blunt offer if you need any help coding anything i have 7+ years experiance let me know what you need help with. side note i have never programmed for the psp yet but i have done alot for the xbox scene, well cya.

i knew it i knew it remember a while back wen i pm'ed you about making a gba emu your actually attemtpting it thats alsum

thats why i said your my favorite psp coder stay on this project this is gonna be great

hey zx-81 notice anything different from last time i spoke to you look at my title im a psp coder too.....trying to follow in your footstep.....lol

seriously keep at this this is gonna be great next to n64 emu this is the next big thing cant wait to see if ya get this full speed

EDIT--

hey if we hope to get n64 running at full speed we have to at least get this running at full speed best of luck and i hope you pull this off

this is huge

im so glad someone is finally having another go at trying to attempt this

good luck with the project, it wud be quite awesome having full speed emulation. Be sure to update us regulary

dont give up

DCEmu Newbie

There is a God...thank you thank you thank you....keep working on this project...have people forgotten how AWESOME!!! GBA is....a full speed emulator would be heavenly...why cant a team of coders work together....just an idea? it seems that with multilple coders working on the N64 emu alot more is getting done...anyway KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...if u make this emu full speed you will be in my eyes the best psp coder of all time

DCEmu Rookie

good news, a gba emulator have a true potential, dont let it down, im sure that we all want something like this, maybe it could be playable some day
    cheer up!

DCEmu Newbie

this is totally sick! I thot everyone had given up hope on this project, but of course the scene's best coder has brought hope!

PSP User

Great news that you're porting this. I hope it will be as successful as all your other emulators. You are already extremely well-known but you will be a coding legend if you can make it near full speed. You are already awesome in my eyes for taking up this project!

you are my most favarourite coder. getting a GBA emulator running already with sound is a great aceivment dont give up up on it a full speed emulator would be the best

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information