Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Make the Perfect Homebrew Console

Blog Entries

Home/News What Would Make the Perfect Homebrew Console

All of us who are fans or indeed coders of emulators and Homebrew games etc have our own opinion on what would be the perfect Homebrew Console.

Does the perfect homebrew console need a touchscreen and a built in hard drive?

Share your thoughts via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

A HDD would be nice, but something like the PSP would be perfect (without sony always trying to stop the scene from progressing)

if the psp had a large micro drive (for less power consumption), sony didnt always try to stop legal homebrew, if it had a touchscreen, and if it had a little more CPU power it would be perfect!

touch screen no build in hard drive yesssssss. All the i love mi saturn and mi xbox ANd mi psp and gp2x

Power... lots of power fully avalible to the homebrew developer. A very large built in hdd, but also having memory card slots for taking data on the go. Online play is always a good thing. A good standard controller with a usb end. Also the ablity for people and companies to design their own completly different controllers by having the console be able to allow the installation of custom drivers for these different controllers. (I am talking about a home console not a portable.)

Cool In my opinion.

Of course people have to realize im a strange guy. with strange opinions anyway.
    but in my opinion the perfect homebrew console.
    Would be something along the lines of a do it yourself kit that's very inexpensive and easy to put together and completely open source. as far as features go. it wouldn't have to be portable. just a console one could hook to a tv set would be fine. It really wouldn't even need expensive parts, as long as it could read from a burnt cd or a memstick, that would be a perfect format for this imaginary console.
    I mean these kits could be ordered online at most homebrew compliant retailers.
    I know it probably sounds a little far fetched. BUt wow what a console like that could do for the homebrew community. Not only would we have homebrew software, but homebrew hardware too! but maybe its just a fevered dream, still its a damn good dream though

it has to be both!
    if the psp has both. uh wow. its ganna do amazing things, like nintendo DS emu on the psp and poke the screen to choose the main menu options! and and and lots of psx games for upcoming emu on the harddrive.

Default good question

lots of power has to systems one handheld ones tv console hand held charges through consel fully custumizable hdd and an easy to program game maker o i wish

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet
    Of course people have to realize im a strange guy. with strange opinions anyway.
    but in my opinion the perfect homebrew console.
    Would be something along the lines of a do it yourself kit that's very inexpensive and easy to put together and completely open source. as far as features go. it wouldn't have to be portable. just a console one could hook to a tv set would be fine. It really wouldn't even need expensive parts, as long as it could read from a burnt cd or a memstick, that would be a perfect format for this imaginary console.
    I mean these kits could be ordered online at most homebrew compliant retailers.
    I know it probably sounds a little far fetched. BUt wow what a console like that could do for the homebrew community. Not only would we have homebrew software, but homebrew hardware too! but maybe its just a fevered dream, still its a damn good dream though
    only a rich person can do that and fabricate one.

so, ummm......... WHOS FILTHY RICH!?!?!
    XD

Thumbs up well I was thinking

More along the lines. of some company like http://www.yesasia.com/?/ Could create the kits. I mean who sais one person would have to make em

The vision I had in mind was more like a pick and choose kind of thing. Where you pick what parts you want to build a custom hombrew system.

I think that would be so suave

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information