Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Full Kernal Access for 2.5/2.6 users Via New exploit

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

psp Breaking News: Full Kernal Access for 2.5/2.6 users Via New exploit

Break out your calendars folks, because this may be a day that you want to mark as a pivotal day in the history of PSP homebrew. A developer known as hitchhikr of "hitchhikr SoftWorks" and with coder companion Neural has come out with a Proof of Concept of a 2.50/2.60 Firmware Exploit! Once implemented and fine tuned for "normal user" use, this will bring 2.50 and 2.60 Firmware up to the same homebrew capability that 1.50 PSP owners enjoy with FULL kernel mode access - although Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will still be required, just like with eLoader.

Speaking of eLoader, Fanjita is already working with hitchhikr on incorporating this new exploit into an easily executable means via eLoader. After a brief chat with Fanjita, he's told us that you can expect some generic application for developers to hopefully be released in the next 24 hours. It will take a bit longer before something useable for non-devs will be released.

The exploit takes advantage of an added security check in 2.50/2.60 Firmware for sceKernelLoadExec, which is responsible for loading EBOOTs, but also accidentally added an overflow bug, which means this exploit will not work with 2.0 and 2.01 Firmware.

Below you will find a download of hitchhikr's & Neural's Proof of Concept - this is not intended for the casual user. It created dump files containing kernel memory dumps in the root of the memstick (boot.bin, kmem.bin, klib.bin). It also creates writeaccess.bin which contains just the hex (12 34 56 78) to prove that kmem CAN be written to.

But don't start upgrading those PSP's yet until a viable means of implementation is released! Also, this breakthrough is not on a path to a downgrader, at least that does not seem like an option at this moment.
    Seems like an interesting development, stay glued to your computer screens for more news as it comes in throughout the day.

OFFICIAL SITE

Via PSPU

Download and Discuss Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

wow... and to think i was getting ready to update to 2.7 yesterday...

Default question

if we have acces to kernel why would we still need GTA?

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    if we have acces to kernel why would we still need GTA?
    GTA is still the only way to sneak in unsigned code. I'm assuming this is where the exploit comes in which unlocks the door to full kernal access.

how does this work
    do i put the eboot file
    where the 97 bock eloader eboot is located

DCEmu Newbie

Too good to be truelol :S

O M F G did this mofo say kernal mode on 2.5 n 2.6 noway this PWNZ so i dint need to get a 1.5 psp cool well if him and fanjita are teaning up this will be gr8 bc of fanjita and ditlews work on eloader o this is like the second gr8est day n homebrew for use 2.6ers and ooo yea if thers kernal access then your not to far from hearing news of a downgrader for 2.6 lmao jkjkjk i doubt thatll day will ever come

yo kiaser pm me if you dont mind bc id like to know how to set this up on my psp id like to give it a try

This is the best news in a long time this a great week for homebrew first gba then this and soon deadulas r6 .
    this is freakin sweet

too bad for all the people that preorded the modchip thats why i didnt preorder i knew there would be a new exploit eventually i didnt think it would be this soon though

-!-
    /\

HOLY MACARONI BATMAN!!!

Eeeps good news! Yay! We win again!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420
    O M F G did this mofo say kernal mode on 2.5 n 2.6 noway this PWNZ so i dint need to get a 1.5 psp cool well if him and fanjita are teaning up this will be gr8 bc of fanjita and ditlews work on eloader o this is like the second gr8est day n homebrew for use 2.6ers and ooo yea if thers kernal access then your not to far from hearing news of a downgrader for 2.6 lmao jkjkjk i doubt thatll day will ever come
    so you must be... 11 years old ?

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information