Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kernel mode under PSP firmware 2.6 * The proof of concept * Release Facts

Blog Entries

psp Kernel mode under PSP firmware 2.6 * The proof of concept * Release Facts

I think its great that a new Proof of Concept release of the abillity to use Kernal Mode has come about but certain sites are using this news to sadly claim the news all for themselves, the author of this work Franck Charlet deserves the credit, heres the original newspost from him:

Kernel mode under PSP firmware 2.6 * The proof of concept *

I finally found a way to access kernel mode under Sony's PSP running under firmware 2.6.
    I uploaded the exploit into the Misc. Source codes section.

Remember that the authors site is here --> http://perso.orange.fr/franck.charlet/

More info at this newspost

If your a coder then download the source code and give your feedback via the comments

We shall be very interested to see what develops from this exploit as it is worked on.

UPDATE

Just so you all understand you will stil need an old unpatched UMD of GTA Liberty City Stories when this release finally happens.

this is a great development i just hope that these developers work with fanjita to creat a new e-loader (which im sure there doing) with full kernal mode capabilitys

yeh i can't wait...i wans't expectin this for a while...im now glad i upgraded to 2.6...thanx a bunch guys u've made ALOT of ppl happy and keep up the good work

i personally don`t care who discovered it or stuff like that. Homebrew wins no matter who made it

I can't wait for the release of an eloader using this exploit. All I want is for the emulators to run at full speed, and kernal mode being almost accesible for almost all psp users, will make this happen.

DCEmu Newbie

kernal, 3 times, HORRIBLE, all these ' and I and . all good, but then, the A, it's kernEl!!

anyway, I hope the next eloader release will feature this exploit, would be nice

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe this will make the base of a future downgrader...? Or a hack to allow unsigned code to be run from the XMB (Or whatever its called) menu...? Hmm...

k im no coder but i have to say it looks as if things on this discovery are moving along very well keep up the good work guys and cant wait for its amazing release

PSP User

sirhax0r, there's a possibility of patching the firmware to run homebrew from the XMB, but it would probably be by flashing the PSP. On the other hand, the chances of a downgrade are almost none. The version number is no longer stored in the index.data, it's stored in the IPL, which is encrypted and probably won't ever be decrypted.

right now the main thing is to get the exploit in a usable form.

Once that is done then i think the next task should be trying to patch the ram similar to how 'NoKXploit' does for the FW 1.5 to run FW 1.0 games.

Once this is done, it *should* be possible to run all PSP 1.0 applications from the XMB in the fashion that FW 1.0 and FW 1.5 does.

The catch though is that GTA is STILL required to apply the patch and most likely the patch will be in the RAM and not in the FW (like NoKXploit) so if the PSP was shut off, battery died, or if the PSP crashed the patch would have to be reapplied through GTA.

But, this is a great improvement and it may eventually lead to a downgrader but dont hold your breathe about that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information