Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.2 (speed)

well done....great speed improvement remember 2 keep us posted

DCEmu Newbie

zx- Do you think it is possible to eventually get good sound? That is my biggest hope as I can play the games already pretty good but the sound is bad. I need sound to play games. Thanks and excellent improvement!!

PSP User

Bastion,
    He has mentioned that he will probably make use of the new kernel exploit and make a "ME" (Media Engine) version of this emulator, which would mean sound would be handled seperately from the rest of the emulation, and we would most likely get much better sound. SNES9xTYL already does this, but the ME version used to only be for firmware 1.5 because it uses kernel mode, but the new exploit should make it work on firmwares 2.5 and 2.6.

how do u save I haven't tried it yet but I have the last version the emu

DCEmu Rookie

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow runs much better on frameskip 2. Sound is getting there.

ZX-81, I wonder if in the Keyboard config, you could add the Start and Select buttons as configurable? I'd like to be able to change the VBA menu to one of the D-pad or Triangle & Circle buttons. The Start button doesn't seem to be used at all. It's just a little confusing, and I'd like to make it close to the original GBA as possible and change Start & Select back to their original function.

Great work! I was just thinking a couple of weeks ago that I wish someone would continue working on a GBA emulator. I finished Link's Awakening and the Oracle games on RIN and I really want to play Minish Cap!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace
    It would be nice if your emu could emulate gb gbc and gba because it would eliminate the need to have 2 different emus.
    Who freaking cares about that.. this is amazing! keep it up. I am pumped now

wow, this has some realy good speed, you can play Golden Sun 1 with resonable sound and speed.. (along with Mario and Luigi Superstar)
    all I've tried so far, but good progress all the same

DCEmu Newbie

I only wish my psp was 1.5! This looks awesome! Keep up the good work! I Have a 2.6 so maybe when the exploit comes out i'll finally be able to test this out myself. Knowing me, i would've made a compatibility list by now.

DCEmu Newbie

The sound is much improved from the previous release (still has a ways to go though). Keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

Glad to see you sticking with it.

With FS 2 and no sound, I compared the two emus (Slasher's and ZX's). I don't have ZX's original to make a comparison to that, though I am SURE this one is faster! Using Mario Kart and a single race (not grand prix) as a comparison method using the time listed after 60 seconds of real time, I got the following results.

Slasher= 29.7seconds
    ZX= 25 seconds

Still though, I'm sure ZX can do a great job at increasing the fps of the game. And when it comes to sound, despite it not being great, this one is at least semi-tolerable.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information