Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Fake Downgraders

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88
    yea its complety fake this was posted on the homepage of www.psp-hacks.com
    one of our users risked his 2.60 PSP and...

man i feel for that guy... my gf has got me everything i have for psp ( all my games and movies ) my xbox , my playstation my everything! from movies to clothes to accesories if she found out any of the items were lost, stolen, or broken she would ****ing flip da **** out... im going to donate... we should all.. he took that risk for everyone so we should show some appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88
    yea its complety fake this was posted on the homepage of www.psp-hacks.com
    one of our users risked his 2.60 PSP and...
    That definitely sucks. He is a hero of PSP homebrew, lol. That is definitely taking one for the team! With more brave souls like him, more tests could be done, more learned, and in the end hopefully 100% homebrew will be capable for all PSP's.

DCEmu Newbie

Default cue the rolling eyeballs...

he took that risk for everyone? oh please. a hero? c'mon...

and as for it being completely fake? if you know anything about dark alex's work in the psp homebrew community, you know that dark alex is not one to release fake anything. that's not dark alex's style. its called a TEST downgrader for a reason- meaning there's a chance for it to FAIL.

i have a lot of respect for this site and its affiliates (ie psmonkey) and the legit psp news they bring to the table... but some of these so-called editorial pieces that seem to put a spin on things or cast things in a certain light? hmmm... i don't know if i like what i see going on at this site anymore.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shunsai
    i have a lot of respect for this site and its affiliates (ie psmonkey) and the legit psp news they bring to the table... but some of these so-called editorial pieces that seem to put a spin on things or cast things in a certain light? hmmm... i don't know if i like what i see going on at this site anymore.
    What are you getting at?

I didn't lie or try to "put a spin" on anything. I stated there is a test downgrader (which is true) and that it will most likely brick your PSP in its current state (which is true). I didn't include the file because its far to early in development.

Quote Originally Posted by shunsai
    he took that risk for everyone? oh please. a hero? c'mon...

and as for it being completely fake? if you know anything about dark alex's work in the psp homebrew community, you know that dark alex is not one to release fake anything. that's not dark alex's style. its called a TEST downgrader for a reason- meaning there's a chance for it to FAIL.
    A few things, first off, I and a lot of other regulars here take a light-hearted and comical approach to posting our responses. This makes it a lot more fun here. What I said about this guy being a hero and such was meant to give others a laugh. If you think I'm going to put posters of this poor chap on my wall, you are mistaken.

Next, I am very familiar with Dark Alex's work. Its just that his work and the discussion around it is not really allowed on this forum. But don't get me wrong, Dark Alex's contributions are some of the greatest things for PSP homebrew. And the fact that he is working on a downgrader should make a LOT of people very excited.

Finally, you 'appear' to be new here shunsai, so how can you say that you don't like what's been going on here "anymore". Unless you've been scanning the posts covertly for some time

Congrats on your first post and welcome!

I heard that this fake downgrader looming across the internet has been made by a poser Fanjita... http://noobz.eu

I think thats pretty sick of somebody to sell fake downgraders, and pose as the name "Fanjita" just to attract attention.

I bet sometime very soon after the kernal access hack comes out... A real downgrader for 2.5/2.6 will be made. It would be preety pointless, as you will have all the same features, buts its still the downgrade that we have all been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    A few things, first off, I and a lot of other regulars here take a light-hearted and comical approach to posting our responses. This makes it a lot more fun here. What I said about this guy being a hero and such was meant to give others a laugh. If you think I'm going to put posters of this poor chap on my wall, you are mistaken.

Next, I am very familiar with Dark Alex's work. Its just that his work and the discussion around it is not really allowed on this forum. But don't get me wrong, Dark Alex's contributions are some of the greatest things for PSP homebrew. And the fact that he is working on a downgrader should make a LOT of people very excited.

Finally, you 'appear' to be new here shunsai, so how can you say that you don't like what's been going on here "anymore". Unless you've been scanning the posts covertly for some time

Congrats on your first post and welcome!
    Hear hear! I think you summed this site up nicely!

Whoever sells fake downgraders should have their hands sliced off with a spoon.. (preferably wooden)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    Hear hear! I think you summed this site up nicely!

Whoever sells fake downgraders should have their hands sliced off with a spoon.. (preferably wooden)
    With one of those cheap plastic sporks from school lunches.

all we can pretty much do is cross our fingers, pray and hope for the best...i've been waiting for this moment for a long time...be it a downgrader or kernal access for all homebrews i'm all for it. i'll most likely go for the downgrader though...i'm getting sick of seeing the same old pics whenever GTA loads. Besides...where i'm from GTA is banned and let's just say the censorship here is pretty strict...be it those pics, videos or language...

stupid F**king idiots trying to sell fake downgraders. i want them all to die.

P.S. what is kernel mode? is it the ability to run the homebrew from the "GAME" menu on the psp's menu?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information