Hi there,

here's an updated version of ps2vice.

New features:
    - update to vice 2.2
    - all p00 and prg files should work fine now
    - vic20 memory expansions
    - files in file browser sorted alphabetically

snapshot feature:
    - save snapshot to mc0:/, mc1:/, host:/ or mass:/ (in main menu -> save current state)
    - load these snapshots using the autostart feature in the menu (saved files will appear in mc0:/ etc., named <gamename>.sav)
    - quicksave/quickload to/from memory using L1/L2 (lost after reset of ps2)

Someone asked for palette selection, I don't think that's a necessary feature. Just copy <yourfavouritepalette>.vpl to default.vpl.

Have fun.

DCEmu Newbie

Excellent work kranoldweinreich - this the best news! Have downloaded and will enjoy!

Thank You!

DCEmu Rookie

Very cool, many thanks.:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

i wonder if there's a way to emulate some keyboard keystrokes on 3rd and 4th controller (with multitap). i would like to play m.u.l.e. with 4 humans on ps2. unfortunately atari800 port has been stopped so c64 is my last chance...

as far as i know mule can be played with four humans on real c64

DCEmu Newbie

found it:

You need at least one joystick to play M.U.L.E. When playing with two or more players, up to two players will use the keyboard during the action phases. The following keys are used:
    Left keyboard player: Q - "up", C= - "down"
    Right keyboard player: up arrow - "up", = - "down"
    Both players: both keys - fire button

During the Development Round the players can use any available joystick.
    so if "q" and "c=" will be hardcoded into up/down on 3rd controler and both for X button
    and "up arrow" and "=" into up/down on 4th and both into X
    plus left analog on 3rd an 4th should mimic any of first or second joystick movement

then everthing should work fine

Does it work using an USB keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by thoffir View Post
    found it:

so if "q" and "c=" will be hardcoded into up/down on 3rd controler and both for X button
    and "up arrow" and "=" into up/down on 4th and both into X
    plus left analog on 3rd an 4th should mimic any of first or second joystick movement

then everthing should work fine

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kranoldweinreich View Post
    Does it work using an USB keyboard?
    i will check, but i think it will be more useful if 3rd and 4th player will have control pads like 1st and 2nd player.

maybe some mapping file? then users will have posibility to map lot of keyboard shortcuts on any controller (which can be usful for other games - those that requre lot of keyboard interaction).

DCEmu Newbie

My Installation (V2.2) doesn´t save snapshots to MC0. Where does it put the files ? Do I have to create the folder /etc first ? Would be great to get it to work... Thanks for help

yo all, heres how to burn ps2vice on a dvd instead of cd. (warning: i didnt have any luck using imgburn or sony cd/dvd generator). so instead, load NERO, and when the 'new compilation' window appears, choose 'dvd' and pick the 'DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)' option. in the 'multisession' tab choose 'no multisession'. in the 'ISO' tab choose 'ISSO 9660+Joliet' for the file system. for 'file name length' choose 'Max. of 31 chars (Level 2)'. for 'Character Set', choose 'ISO 9660'. for relax restrictions, choose 'allow path depth of more than 8 directories', also choose,'allow more than 255 characters in path' and also 'allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names'. next, on the 'UDF' tab, leave it set as 'Automatic settings'. on the 'Label' tab, leave it as 'Automatic' and put in any Disc Name you want for your dvd. on the 'Dates' tab just leave it alone. on the 'Misc' tab just leave it alone. on the 'Burn' tab set your write speed (try to burn slow, eg. 4x maximum). ok now click the 'New' button and you go into the nero file browser. simply drag into this window your PS2Vice files. you may also add a dummy file, but make sure your dummy file is less than 2gb or you will have problems (you could always add two dummy files, each 1.5gb if you wish. note: if using a dummy file, drag this into the compilation window FIRST, and call your dummy file something like 0.0 (zero.zero) to ensure it is burned FIRST in your compilation). ok when you are ready now simply burn your disk (slowly) and you will have a qorking ps2vice DVD instead of CD! finally, i am still using vice 1.14 because i notice with the newer versions i had some crashes and some games not loading. so if you also experience problems with games not loading, simply use vice 1.14 instead.

Exclamation Download non funziona!!!

[QUOTE kranoldweinreich \u003d; 2148302644] Ciao a tutti, ecco una versione aggiornata del ps2vice - Nuova. Caratteristiche: - aggiornamento al vice 2.2 - tutte le P00 e PRG file dovrebbe funzionare bene ora - memoria VIC20 espansioni - file file nel browser in ordine di snapshot alfabetico funzionalitÃ*: salvare snapshot di mc0: /, MC1: /, host: / o massa: / (nel menù principale -> salvare lo stato attuale) - carico di queste istantanee con la funzione automatica "del menu (file salvati appariranno in mc0: / etc , <gamename> nome -. SAV) quicksave / Quickload a / da memoria utilizzando L1/L2 (perso dopo il reset della PS2) Qualcuno ha chiesto per la selezione della palette, io non credo che sia una caratteristica necessaria. Basta copiare <yourfavouritepalette>. Vpl a default.vpl. Buon divertimento. [/ QUOTE]

Non riesco a scaricare i file!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information