Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Future Resurection v1.2

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Considering the number of features in this release, there is very little I can give advice on. I know nothing about the game nor the style of gameplay.

For example, if you are doing a game similar to Sora's then why not fork off the existing codebase and modify to suit your game style. There is no point rewriting the code from scratch unless:

a) You are going to make it better
    b) It be a completely different game style

Developers use code from other people all the time usually in the form of Libraries.

Be thankful that Gun' is a lot more forgiving then I am, if any of my code was in that your 'first release', I really would have been all over you. Its easy to justify your reasons AFTER you have been 'found out', I am more concerned that you passed it off your own on the front page in a news post and that you didn't admit to it till I exposed it.

as you can see, the game is all my own code now. And no its not going to be like sora at all, so i wont be using/basing any code of it.

Its going to be an interactive RPG. with conversations and either turnbased or on the spot combat features.

Any advice you could give me concerning sprite animation would be great

GP2X Coder/Moderator

The most common way I have seen animation done by beginners is to have each frame loaded seperately which is fine but becomes difficult to use when you have a large animation base hence the demo sample of using one image which is easier to manage.

Keep all frames the same size and if possible, the same number of frames per animation.

The conversation aspect is going to be interesting to do and will be your first major hurdle to do right.

Amazing this is really nice. keep up the good work. i can only dream of how good the full finsihed version will be like

Banned

oh my god i love vincent please put vincent in it AND MAKE HIM TURN INTO THE GALIAN BEAST YES oh my god

also please add sephiroth and aeries but maybe add a love scene between them where they fall in love and get married and ride chocobos off into the sunset.

I really like your game

Quote Originally Posted by Zion
    as you can see, the game is all my own code now. And no its not going to be like sora at all, so i wont be using/basing any code of it.

Its going to be an interactive RPG. with conversations and either turnbased or on the spot combat features.

Any advice you could give me concerning sprite animation would be great
    If you are to make it a recreation of FFVII then I'd suggest turnbesed battle for originality.

'Course its your game, I just thought it would be FFVII because Cloud's in it.

And c'mon people stop fighting. Theres no reason to...

And cnt2010 we've tried to find decent Vincent sprites, beleive it or not. It seems nobody is willing to make them. If you can either find or make them that would probably be helpful...

ok both of you stop flaming your both gonna get banned if you keep this up why dont you help on the project instead of flaming it patio furniture if you feel you can do better why not do so as you are confident you can do better instead of flaming just do it i promise its harder than it seems

stop flaming this is a place of helping and sharing hombrew news not a internet thug chat room so please

good release zion keep up the good work

STOP FLAMING NOW IL REPORT YOU BOTH TO MODS AND STAFF AND THEY WILL SETTLE THIS

stop this is not the thread nor the site for this argument

BACK ON TOPIC--

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information