Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DevHook Is Giving Me Trouble, Any Ideas?

DCEmu Regular

Default DevHook Is Giving Me Trouble, Any Ideas?

A couple days ago I downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5 and I was really happy with all of the homebrew I was able to play. However, when I tried DevHook, I couldn't get it to work. I copied the "dh" folder to the root of the memory stick, and I copied the two DevHook folders and the two DevHook installer folders to the root. I downloaded the 2.5 and the 2.0 eboots, and with PSP Brew I took out the data.psar of 2.5, pasted it in root of the memory stick, and I installed it with the DevHook installer program. I also backed up the registry when it asked me to. I repeated this process with the 2.0 data.psar. Then I launched DevHook, and I configured the settings like this:

TARGET: (reboot XMB)
    UMD-MODE: UMD DISC
    UMD Ver. 2.xx ->2.00
    FLASH: ms0:/dh/200 (MS HOOK) (also tried it with 2.50 via "mso:/dh/250 (MS HOOK)
    CLOCK: 266/133

When I tell DevHook to start, it gives a black screen for a few seconds and then my PSP shuts down. Any ideas please? Do you think maybe the downgraded version of 1.5 might prevent DevHook from running? Thank you so much if you can help, I tried another version of DevHook yesterday, but I encountered the exact same problem. By the way, I'm trying to run Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

for your "umd-mode" select "iso anyumd" and keep the 250(ms hook) set. gta is jerky when booted with devhook. look into the mphgameloader method for that game. some other games need patches, so lookout for that also.

also, there is a devhook pack around that already has the flashes included. i found in the torrent network (great resouorces there).

Try this settings:
    UMD__ Anyumd
    UMD Ver. 2.xx ->2.00
    CLOCK: 333
    Flash 2.0

DCEmu Regular

I went through DevHook a million times and I couldn't find any option for "Anyumd". I'm using the version that Kaiser posted that had some stuff taken out. Also, I just tried MPHGL, I moved the flash and everythign, and that just shut down the PSP. Do you think maybe upgrading to 2.0 and then downgrading from there might fix the problem?

By the way, I tried RunUMD. It booted GTA, but it took awhile for the game to respond to buttons, and it crashed in less than a couple minutes.

try googleing for it devhook .41d its outthere and it works great

DCEmu Regular

DevHook .41d is here, but it has some stuff censored. That was the one I first tried, but it gave me this problem.

On another note, I upgraded to 2.0 and downgraded to 1.5 and I still have the same problem. It's starting to get really frustrating. I even followed Kaiser's guide and it's still not working.

EDIT: Ok I think I might know what the problem is. Parts of my memory card are corrupt, so I'm going to try reformatting it. Also, I can't reinstall DevHook because something screwed up and I can't delete it without reformatting.

SECOND EDIT: Yeah that was the problem believe it or not. I'm playing GTA right now, and so far it's working pretty well. I accidently lost my saves, but I think I can get back to there hopefully easily. Thanks for the help though

how do i run my fifa street 2 which is a 2.6 on my 1.5 psp i tried dev hook but it doesnt work i installed everything correctley run umd i tried and genesis umd launcher as well but nothing

thanks for that post

those files are illegal, you cant link to them.

either remove the link...

or get ready for a ban!

Quote Originally Posted by slaphappygamer
    for your "umd-mode" select "iso anyumd" and keep the 250(ms hook) set. gta is jerky when booted with devhook. look into the mphgameloader method for that game. some other games need patches, so lookout for that also.

also, there is a devhook pack around that already has the flashes included. i found in the torrent network (great resouorces there).
    I Downgraded and my gta isn't jerky at all with devhook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information