Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    I still cant believe that theres people out there that use this emu and then criticize ZX. He has done wonders already for this emu in the stage it is at right now.

And thats the reason why i hope that France wins the World Cup

Thanks lol !
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Hey ZX, you said were reaching the end...now i can't help to wonder, is that good or bad..or both? Please elaberate if you can. thanks

-Dementia

PSP User

Zx, I remember when Slasher's emulator came out you asked if it was faster than your one at the time. People said it was, and then you said that it was a good thing because you were going to do what Slasher did and use the GPU to improve speed. Then later you said if you did this it wouldn't be compatible on all homebrew firmwares. Now that the downgrader is out, I'm just wondering if you're going to use the GPU to improve speed?

Also, another question that has sprung up because of the downgrader: are you going to use the ME for sound emulation now that everyone who's not 2.7+ can use kernel mode? At first you said you would, but then you said you didn't want to downgrade, so I was just wondering what the final decision was?

I know it's VERY tough working on this emulator and I'm not trying to beg if it sounds like that, I'm just wondering because you said the end is near. Please do not feel pressured from this. Your work is nothing less than fantastic and I respect everything you do for the PSP scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia7
    Hey ZX, you said were reaching the end...now i can't help to wonder, is that good or bad..or both? Please elaberate if you can. thanks

-Dementia
    both lol.
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    I still cant believe that theres people out there that use this emu and then criticize ZX. He has done wonders already for this emu in the stage it is at right now.

And thats the reason why i hope that France wins the World Cup
    If I meet one of these criticisers in the real world they'll have something to complain about Like you say ZX is a miracle worker and has achieved so much for the homebrew community (I bet theres very few people that dont have at least one of his emulators!)

Another guilty confession I too have (this is hard to say as an English man) is that I was supporting France last night (so glad you stuffed C.Ronaldo's Portugal!) Viva la France!

Quote Originally Posted by pspfan
    Zx, I remember when Slasher's emulator came out you asked if it was faster than your one at the time. People said it was, and then you said that it was a good thing because you were going to do what Slasher did and use the GPU to improve speed.
    In fact the psp298 version (because slasher only touch the UI part ), the GPU only to copy image contents from memory to screen/memory and to do automatic resize/rescale task ... The bottleneck of PSPVBA, is not anymore in this part, but it the emulation of the "GPU" of the GameBoy Advance itself ...

Then later you said if you did this it wouldn't be compatible on all homebrew firmwares. Now that the downgrader is out, I'm just wondering if you're going to use the GPU to improve speed?
    There is no need, only if we rewrite the GPU part of the emulator, using directly the GPU capabilities of the PSP ... But it's not anymore a port, but a new emulator development.

Also, another question that has sprung up because of the downgrader: are you going to use the ME for sound emulation now that everyone who's not 2.7+ can use kernel mode? At first you said you would, but then you said you didn't want to downgrade, so I was just wondering what the final decision was?
    The sound emulation take less than 10% of the total CPU consumption, so rewrite that part using the ME won't permit to win a lot ...

I know it's VERY tough working on this emulator and I'm not trying to beg if it sounds like that, I'm just wondering because you said the end is near. Please do not feel pressured from this. Your work is nothing less than fantastic and I respect everything you do for the PSP scene.

Thanks.
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    Another guilty confession I too have (this is hard to say as an English man) is that I was supporting France last night (so glad you stuffed C.Ronaldo's Portugal!) Viva la France!
    Lool !
    here is my blog !

ZX hopefully when you say we are close to the end you mean making perfection with this emu. And if thats not the case Hopefully when France wins the CUP you will change your mind.
    As an american mi USA had aHorrible Cup didnt live up to standars so i was following Brazil & France.
    So i hope they Punch the italians in the face.

DCEmu Regular

Wouldn't it be possible to use the PSP's GPU to fully emulate the GBA GPU? Or is it not powerful enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    Wouldn't it be possible to use the PSP's GPU to fully emulate the GBA GPU? Or is it not powerful enough?
    The GPU of the PSP can't be compared to GBA graphical hardware. PSP is of course much more powerfull .
    here is my blog !

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information