Thread: DSx86 News - Dos Emulator for DS - v0.02 Released!

Blog Entries

NDS DSx86 News - Dos Emulator for DS - v0.02 Released!

Pate has released a new version of his DS Emulator for the DS, heres the release notes

Okay, I decided to release version 0.02 now that I have fixed the most annoying problems in 0.01. There is still a lot to do with the opcode support, and then the next big project is to add support for the EGA graphics mode. I also need to improve the current graphics mode support, as there seems to be problems with the palette handling, at least. Space Quest 4 is running but for some reason it thinks DSx86 has a monochrome display so it uses a greyscale palette, and Bad Blood is showing only a few of the colors, all other colors are black.

This version seems to be running Leisure Suit Larry 3 fine, I haven't had the save game corruption problem recently either. As you can see from the picture below, I've played it for long enough that I have over 500 points, so it will run at least that far without problems. I took the picture from the About page, as I thought it was funny to actually play and enjoy a game that is just a bit over 20 years old. :-) Also Solar Winds runs now with Sound Blaster digital sound effects enabled, as I added the ADPCM sample support.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

This is great!
    I tried Leisure Suit Larry using Scummvm Ds, and it worked up until you answered all the questions right in the beginning then it crashed.

Would this be capable of running the original Duke Nuekm platformer in later releases?

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JushinLiger View Post
    Would this be capable of running the original Duke Nuekm platformer in later releases?
    I bet it could do the first one. I just tried it and for now it needs EGA support and there was a bunch of INT call errors.

Thread Information