Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a Pandora Battery, but now slightly confused...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    Yeah, but you have to run chickhen everytime you fully power off. Use chickhen to run an app to make your MMS and then install cfw with your pandora and MMS.

Might I suggest Psptool and xgen converter. Using a pandora to install cfw is better in my opinion...
    no you don't. the op has a phat. it will run full cfw - i have living proof in my phat running 5.00m33-6 without ever needing to run chickHEN again, unless i am upgrading/downgrading/repairing.

you only have to run chickHEN each time, if you have a psp which cannot run full cfw but can run homebrew enabler.

why is it better to install cfw by using pb? it is handy to know how to do it - but the chickHEN and HC Recovery Flasher is a method to install cfw without using pb and mms.

if you brick (semi-brick) your psp, you should be able to recover/repair using the pb and mms.

I have personally followed that link - section on hacking phats with ofw less than 5.03 - in hacking both my phat and slim - within 15 minutes of downloading the necessary files (ofw, cfw and hellcat, chickHEN, etc), I had cfw onto my psp. simple, straight forward...

but there are always risks to hacking, overclocking, modding... the disclaimer is there because there are things that could go wrong but if you take the necessary precautions, make the right preparation including plans for recovery in the worst case scenario, follow the instructions then you should be fine.
    Last edited by FNQer; January 13th, 2010 at 23:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information