Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

DCEmu Legend

I am happy for everyone else, don't get me wrong. Just now I have no reason to stick to 1.0. GTA multiplayer is so inviting and its only 2 firmware upgrades away(or 1 if I don't goto 1.5 first).

It was easy to just tell myself, "if I upgrade to play GTA, I would have spent this money on 1.0 for nothing."

But now nothing is holding me back.

If only they'd make devhook work on 1.0, I wouldn't have to upgrade

DCEmu Regular

That's pretty cool and all, but as long as all of the homebrew runs on 1.5, I don't really think there's a really important reason why I'll need 1.0. Maybe no need to hide icons, but that trick someone posted a while back really makes it easy to hide the icons. But don't get me wrong, I'm very glad about this.

DCEmu Pro

well, the advantages in 1.00 are many.... if it really gives you access to the hardware

awesome that devs wil be able to use 1.00 as i belive it is the best for homebrew.

but i shall stick with my 1.62 it works with kxploit and all the nice homebrew.

check out the video of the downgrade at www.pspupdates.qj.net

DCEmu Rookie

there's one thing I still don't fully understand.

can you get FULL hardware access on 1.5? or is it that you get MORE than 2.5, but not full.

and with 1.0 is it FULL, FULL?

----
    and another thing that worries me...could people release fake emus, homebrew, etc modified to brick 1.5 and 1.0 psp? i guess that's more than possible

Full hardware access? 1.0 will be be the next 1.5!!
    Don't worry about programs such as devhook, if they did it on 1.5 surely nothing keeps'em from doing it in 1.0; even if it seems crazy to downgrade right now that's what we will do in the long run, I'm sure.

DCEmu Regular

Wow wonder what's Sony's thinking now. (>_<) I just have a strange feeling their going to take action.

When it comes down to it SONY can't do anything because as long as your in the court of law all you ahve to say is "I was using the files for legal purposes" after all they can't accuse of as that could lead to false accusation wich is a crime in the supreme court. But 1.5 firmware is probaly the most effiecient firmware on the PSP at the current time as it can run more homebrew than 1.0 but to me this is just a minor draw back as not many PSP ownners ahve the original 1.0 firmware any more. But in time I bet we will see custom firmwares, and proggies like Dev Hook working on firmware 1.0 I guess we will just have to see what this leads too. AS the downgrader comes out tomoro!

What will they do? actually it's very simple:
    1) the psp they're going to put on the market will have some incredible protection to avoid downgrade.
    2) next firmwares will have interesting features such as a psx emulator to make us upgrade.

That's all they can do really.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information