Thread: HELP those in Haiti. Donations for American Red Cross

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Home/News HELP those in Haiti. Donations for American Red Cross

*UPDATE* - 1/29/2010
    You try and do something good and a company ruins it. Due to unforseen circumstances, PayPal has put a limit on my account because I am accepting donations to send the Red Cross. In order for this limitation to be removed, I must provide documentation with proof and other required information. I have contacted American Red Cross and awaiting paperwork. In the mean time, I have ended receiving donations and refunded all donations even though I submitted a donation of $41 to the American Red Cross. With donations being refunded, there will be no contest for the XCM HDMI Blaster. I try to do something good but there is so much legal problems and do not want to risk closing my PayPal. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you to all those who contributed.

I dont often reach out to the gaming community for help but this is something where the gaming community needs to band together and help humanity. As you all should know by now, Haiti was hit with a major earthquake that leveled the entire country turning hospitals, homes, schools, building into rubble. With shelters demolished, survivors are left on the street in the blistering 90° heat with little to no shelter, scavenging for food and even water. Some officials have calculated 45,000-50,000 are dead. With the lack of water for hydration from the heat, analyst are expecting many more to die if help is not provided.

All funds will be donated to the American Red Cross:
    Haiti Relief and Development
    On January 12, a series of earthquakes measuring 6.5 to 7.3 on the Richter scale devastated Haiti. The American Red Cross is working with its partners in the global Red Cross and Red Crescent network, including the Haitian Red Cross, and other partners to assist those affected by this disaster.

Your gift to the American Red Cross will support emergency relief and recovery efforts to help those people affected by the earthquake in Haiti. Assistance provided by the American Red Cross may include sending relief supplies, mobilizing relief workers and providing financial resources and recovery.

FOR US & INTERNATIONAL: I have setup a donation section on the left side of DCEmu Reviews' homepage. Many musicians, actors/actresses have donated thousands and even millions of dollar each. Granted, we are not rich like them but any amount is appreciated whether it be a couple of cents, a dollar or even a few dollars. All donations will be made via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can pay with your credit card. All transactions are secure. I DO NOT see your PayPal account, bank information, credit card number or any personal information.. The only thing I see is your email address and the amount you donated via PayPal. Once we have met our deadline, I will send all donations to American Red Cross on behalf of DCEmu (proof of donation will be documented with screenshots). If you don't feel comfortable using our method of donation, PLEASE go to American Red Cross and donate yourself.

FOR US ONLY: (with this option, you do not qualify for raffle) Another option is to use your cellphone and send a text message (donation amount will show up on your cellphone bill).
    1. via the Clinton Foundation (http://www.clintonfoundation.org/haitiearthquake/), please text “Haiti” to 20222 (to donate $10),
    2. via the American Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/), please text “Haiti” to 90999 (to donate $10) or
    3. via Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti Foundation (http://www.yele.org/), please text “Yele” to 501501 (to donate $5).

So why spend money on games and accessories, when there are people in greater needs and is trying to stay alive. Many families are living on the street next to their crumbled home. Many kids are left on the street looking for food and water and may even have lost their family.

*UPDATE - 1/26/2010 - We have made our first donation to the American Red Cross

Click to enlarge image. Image also attached to post.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!
    DIGG THIS

For those who do contribute and donate on the homepage (it keeps track of who contributed), I will have a raffle and give away a XCM HDMI Blaster Converter (MSRP $99.99USD) to one (1) lucky winner!!!

Winner will be chosen randomly from qualified donations and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants. No alternative prize will be offered. We reserve the right to issue an alternative prize of the same value should the prize no longer be available.
    Last edited by bandit; January 29th, 2010 at 19:48.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

We have now accumulated $41! I hope we can at least break the $100 mark not to mention Haiti got hit with another earthquake with a magnitude of 6.3 or so.

We have made our first donation to the American Red Cross

Click on image to enlarge. Image also attached.

Those who have donated have entered a chance to win a XCM HDMI Blaster!
    Last edited by bandit; January 26th, 2010 at 20:12.

Thread Information