Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freedroid port

Default Freedroid port

This game was released on C=64 i believe. It includes sources for the newer version which is probably not playable do to graphics and also has source codes for the older version which is possible portable. Looks pretty interesting of course i didnt take a good look at the screenshots but you guys can take a look for yourselves at:

http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/news.php

Eric

Default Re: Freedroid port

I have freedroidRPG installed on my linux box and i like it a lot. I don't know if it's portable to the dreamcast, seems a bit slow even with hardware acceleration on a p3 500

Like i said though if freedroidRPG isnt portable the classic one is so i am not keeping my hopes up for freedroidRPG but hopefully the classic one is easy to port never know we just have to wait for a coder to get a opinion of this game

Dream Coder

90% sure that the first is portable. FreedroidRPG im not sure about. Ill try at it tonight.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Well i dont think it is portable man i dont think its even close to possible but i could be wrong even if i am wrong atleast the classic is

Dream Coder

i looked at the code for like 5 minutes. Seems portable to me. 640x480, no weird libs, etc... well find out tonight maybe.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Not gonna happen

Dream Coder

[quote author=Storminator16 link=board=Dev;num=1093844591;start=0#6 date=08/30/04 at 08:27:58]Not gonna happen [/quote]

why, cause you couldn't do it? Could you please give some more information so that i don't just:

1) needlessly waste my time trying or
    B) give up without knowing about something that it may be possible for me to do about it.

[quote author=quzar link=board=Dev;num=1093844591;start=0#7 date=08/30/04 at 13:06:58]

why, cause you couldn't do it? Could you please give some more information so that i don't just:

1) needlessly waste my time trying or
    B) give up without knowing about something that it may be possible for me to do about it.

[/quote]

What's with the attitude?

Dream Coder

I seriously didnt have any anger or anything in those words. i was just wondering why would say that it wasnt going to happen, wether it was because you tried and encountered a problem, or from something in the source that i have so far overlooked as to how it works. I mean if it is truely unportable, id like at least to know why... but if you at one point attempted it and couldnt get it to work that doesnt necessarily mean that i wont be able to. I really didnt mean that as an insult, i was just asking if you could share with my why you think it is unportable...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information